Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Austrian Cap....reshoot

Article about: Finally got this cap and took some better photos (though a couple came out blurry, sorry)

Default Austrian Cap....reshoot

Finally got this cap and took some better photos (though a couple came out blurry, sorry)

Austrian Cap....reshoot
    Austrian Cap....reshoot
    Austrian Cap....reshoot
    Austrian Cap....reshoot
    Austrian Cap....reshoot
    Austrian Cap....reshoot
    Austrian Cap....reshoot
    Austrian Cap....reshoot

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Austrian Cap....reshoot
    P
    Many

It Really is nice one that, Todd... you lucky so and so!!!!!! bet your chuffed to bits!!!!

Thanks Paul. Even these better photos don't do it justice.

?

Curious about your cap. I've never seen/heard of a woodland camo version of the M59 field cap. OBH used their variant of the WH M-43 thru the early 2000s when they adopted a BDU-style field cap as part of their Anzug 03 field uniform. They basically eliminated the Wehrmacht-inspired caps and replaced them with the aforementioned BDU field cap (in the same brownish/green as the M59) as well as replacing the Bergkappe with a kepi-style mountain cap. Other than the above, the only other common variation I've seen is a tailor-made version of the M59 using OBH pea pattern camo.

I'm pretty curious about this cap, i wasn't aware the Austrians used this type of camo!...

Hi all
    Thanks to MD Helmets i'm now the proud owner of this unusual Austrian cap!!

thanks again Todd I really love it to bits!!!!!!

a very knowledgeable contact of mine in Austria had this to say about it when I showed him some pics (Thanks to Alex!!! )

The manufacturer ,,Slama,, is a well known company in Vienna and makes/made not only caps and berets also jackets and pants.

Because the cap is in the old style Bergmützen cut I guess it's from the 70 or 60ies. I think It could be a trial piece or maybe Jagdkommando
    used. There is also the possibility that some officers ordered some custom stuff for their own use...

well since I received it I have gone over it with a fine tooth comb!!! and it would imho defiantly be a genuine piece, but as yet, have not had any luck finding anymore details about it!!!

watch this space!!

Thanks for your interest....and here's some more pics!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian Cap....reshoot   Austrian Cap....reshoot  

Austrian Cap....reshoot   Austrian Cap....reshoot  

Austrian Cap....reshoot  

Well that was very nice of todd to help you out mate and who better to appreciate it too

?

Some interesting features on the label. I have quite a few Slama caps and the older versions (50s thru 80s) have labels with two addresses while the newer caps feature just a one-line address (Rainergasse 21). What I find odd is the "Made in Austria" tag which appears integral to the label. None of my OBH caps feature this, including those produced well into the 2000s.

I've seen some vague references for Jagdkommando's wearing woodland camo but haven't found any photos yet.

Interesting cap. Have you written Slama? They can probably tell you what it is. I've corresponded with them many times in researching their WW2-era caps (they made a lot of Polizei items)

Thanks James... yes Todd is a top bloke!!!
    and a big thanks to FtrPlt ..you know.... it never even crossed my mind to get in touch with the original manufacturers!!! still in business then!! wow great longevity!!! The made in Austria label in question is indeed integral to the cap, the label itself has been stitched into the sweat diamond, but the design does look more modern!! I will try to get in touch with Slama and post the result!!

"I've seen some vague references for Jagdkommando's wearing woodland camo but haven't found any photos yet."

according to camopedia the Jagdkommando wore US woodland pattern camo which is completely different to the camo on the cap Austria - Camopedia your cap is a bit of a mystery!...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast