Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

57 ek2

Article about: Tom, these EK's can go for 80 + Prost ! Steve.

Default Re: 57 ek2

Quote by talltom View Post
    thanks steve, on a side note were bw soldiers allowed to wear ww1 medals tom
    Tom, yes of course, but I guess because of the time frame, that would be senior Officers, of probably General rank early on in the beggining of the Bundeswehr..... Although not covered or part of the 1957 regulations, by virtue of not having a swastika, WW1/Imperial awards were made post 1945 on, for veterans who required replacement awards, remember during and after WW2 if it was not screwed down it most likely became a souvenir !
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

The best advice would be to look for an example made from leftover wartime stock such as Steve's and mine. They can be found if you're patient and look hard enough. Don't be taken in by any old junk or modern repros.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The best advice would be to look for an example made from leftover wartime stock such as Steve's and mine. They can be found if you're patient and look hard enough.
    .........and as if by magic one appears on E-Bay Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse 1957 - Hersteller "4" am Band!! | eBay Tom get it bought ! plated and frosted frames with magnetic core, they dont get any better than this !
    Prost ! Steve.

Here it is .........
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."

thanks you everyone steve that one sure looks a beuty hope i win

tom

?

The first one is actually listed as a 'Museum Quality Replica' so I'll leave you to work that one out!
    The second is ok, an quality piece compared to some you've shown us Tom! Not sure about when it was made, possibly late 60's? Steve would be able to give you a better idea.

One more thing, can you save the pics and post them please. When the auction ends the thread will become useless as no-one will be able to see the items being discussed.

ahh didn't see that i will save them adrian thanks for your help

tom

here you go this is the second one
    Name:  $(KGrHqUOKn!E5-))yB)JBOiK56(kmg~~60_12.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  35.7 KBName:  $(KGrHqN,!ksE6G5hk3mLBOiK75Qh8!~~60_12.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  26.1 KB

tom

Tom...first one crap, second is a nice mid production, late 60's-early 70's, it will be 3 piece and should have a magnetic core...ask the seller these questions. Prost ! Steve.

steve he says its magnetic and 3peice so is it worth 45 is the million dollar question now

tom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast