Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

57 ek2

Article about: Tom, these EK's can go for £80 + Prost ! Steve.

Default 57 ek2

hi lads

any idea about this one57 ek2

thanks

tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57 ek2
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 57 ek2

Sorry Tom, not for me. It looks like a one piece cross? the suspension ring is completely different from a 57er that I would be happy with and the overall look just isn't 'right' IMO.
    Here's one of mine......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57 ek2   57 ek2  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

thanks adrian lots of bads (damn)

tom

Again as Adrian said.....details do not look right ! they should be 3 piece, ideally with a magnetic core (although after the mid 1970's they went non magnetic)....pass on this one, here to keep Adrians company is one of mine, an early example using left over parts from WW2 the suspension ring is mm "4" for Steinhauer and Luck .... remember, that most 57 EK II'S on the market will be from this maker and will exhibit the similiar if not the same core details...study them.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57 ek2   57 ek2  

as a question are there any reference books out there in english or german on 57 awards
    steve and adrian very nice crosses

tom

Tom....sadly not ! there are mentions and sub sections devoted to th 57er Iron Crosses in both Gordon Williams Iron Cross book series and Steven Previtera's "Iron Time" book (Fantastic book !), but nothing dedicated to just 1957 awards...keep an eye on Jamie Cross site, a fair dealer in my book...and check here 57er | eBay this is E-Bay Germanys 57er page most are genuine items some fake.....good page to start with also search "EK" and "Eisernes Kreuz".
    Prost ! Steve.

cheers steve does this silver wound badge look any good 57er Wehrmacht Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber | eBay

thanks
    tom

Tom...I saw this first time round on E-Bay, it was sold in a set..it looks to be good, but mid production piece...here is the original set...the new owner only wanted the stick pin (very nice rare "Afrika" set) and is selling the others seperatly, the tank assault badge is a late production piece, the "Krim shield" is mid to late production... Prost ! Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images 57 ek2  57 ek2 

thanks steve
    on a side note were bw soldiers allowed to wear ww1 medals

tom

Hi Tom

In respect to the original cross you posted I nearly fell for that one a while back myself. Saw them on ebay which I would guess is where you saw the one posted. Just goes to show you they make repro's on everything.

Phil

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast