Become our sponsor and display your banner here

57er Army Paratrooper badge.

Article about: Ladies and Gentlemen..this came through my letterbox this morning, a rather nice 1957 "Fallshirmshutzenabzeichen des Heeres" or Army paratroop badge, having a gilded wreath and sil

Default 57er Army Paratrooper badge.

Ladies and Gentlemen..this came through my letterbox this morning, a rather nice 1957 "Fallshirmshutzenabzeichen des Heeres" or Army paratroop badge, having a gilded wreath and silvered eagle unlike the Luftwaffe version whose finish is the reverse colours, upon examination it is a IMO an early late production piece, that is after 1968 due to its open hinge block, but due to its detail and quality, I would say late 60's early 70's.It appears to be a St u L made piece, notice the bevelled edge along the inner circumfrence of the wreath, a St u L trait in its wreath dies. Still a rare badge and not as common as its Luftwaffe brother.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Army Paratrooper badge.   57er Army Paratrooper badge.  

57er Army Paratrooper badge.  
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57er Army Paratrooper badge.
    P
    Many

Default Re: 57er Army Paratrooper badge.

Nice one!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

Hi Steve, I bet this one has made your day. Very nice indeed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

its a beuty very nice

tom

Thanks gents ! I also came with BW Para beret badges, old pre 79 and new (with flag insert) post 79......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Army Paratrooper badge.  
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."

?

Very nice addition Steve. Are these as rare as their TR counterparts?

Adrian...its the first one I have seen, sometimes 57er awards are prolific ! despite their wartime equivalents rarity, look at some Luftwaffe badges, panzer, sea battle etc, easier to obtain a 57er, So the answer is probably not ! but I would say rarer than its 57er Luftwaffe counterpart.
    Prost ! Steve.