Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

57er Deumer Oaks..........

Article about: A set of what are now believed to be Deumer made Oaks for the RK have made there way into my collection......courtesy of Gordon Williamson. It has long been suspected that Deumer had made th

Default 57er Deumer Oaks..........

A set of what are now believed to be Deumer made Oaks for the RK have made there way into my collection......courtesy of Gordon Williamson.
    It has long been suspected that Deumer had made the so called "Schickle" 1957 Knights Cross, this suspicion has been put to bed so to speak, with the vast majority of 57er collectors now declaring it as a fact.........it is now believed that when Otto Schickle went bankrupt in 1941, Deumer bought up the dies and spares for the Knights Cross.....I can not comment on WW2 production of such crosses by Deumer, but they certainly went into 1957 production, making most if not all the accepted new design awards, so why not a version of the 1957 Knights Cross ? The Deumer made RK's exhibit all of the characteristics of the Otto Schickle RK frames, even the core's 1939 shows the correct Schickle font, and it has been suggested that the frames are left over wartime examples from the bankrupt stock obtained by Deumer, this is still an open and ongoing debate.....
    Back to this set of Oaks..............beautifully crafted, typical of Deumer products, heavily frosted with polished highlights, no maker marks on its distinctive "flat" reverse.......they are just waiting to attached to a Schickle RK ! An advanced collector friend of mine who owns a Junker RK suggested that they may even be wartime second pattern Oaks, that would be nice !
    There are a few 57er Schickle or should I say Deumer RK's out there that have these oaks mounted upon them.
    There has been great discussion on other forums regarding both these Oaks and the Schickle RK's......over on WAF and HWMF, a big thanks to guys there for the above information !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Deumer Oaks..........   57er Deumer Oaks..........  

57er Deumer Oaks..........   57er Deumer Oaks..........  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57er Deumer Oaks..........
    P
    Many

I don't know anything about this area of militaria but I have to say that the quality is obvious and they certainly make for an attractive addition to your collection, well done!

?

An excellent item to add to your collection Steve.. & top dollar photos too... Thanks for the info an interesting read. Cheers Terry.

that's a nice one.

I love the quality. Does Gordon have any more?