Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

57er KM Auxiliary Cruiser badge............

Article about: Gents, just obtained a couple of new 57er war badges, these two complete my set of Kreigsmarine war badges.....Auxiliary Cruiser badge and S-Boat badge, both early production, they sport the

Default 57er KM Auxiliary Cruiser badge............

Gents, just obtained a couple of new 57er war badges, these two complete my set of Kreigsmarine war badges.....Auxiliary Cruiser badge and S-Boat badge, both early production, they sport the first tapered pin/hinge assembly but still early production pieces, early 1960's I would say....both by St u L
    First up the Auxiliary Cruiser badge, a great design... one of my favourites, this example has a riveted globe, I believe examples with glued globes can be also be seen from early/mid and late production time frames ! Beautifully gilded and highlighted a badge that is not encountered that often these days ! Note the size difference in the two badges, the Auxiliary Cruiser badge being "normal" size but the S-Boat badge some what bigger !
    Enjoy.....................
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er KM Auxiliary Cruiser badge............   57er KM Auxiliary Cruiser badge............  

57er KM Auxiliary Cruiser badge............   57er KM Auxiliary Cruiser badge............  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57er KM Auxiliary Cruiser badge............
    P
    Many

Another rare piece, you're on a roll Steve!

Was temped myself. I wonder if the pin was a leftover from the Deumer stock, it has the same unique tool mark?

Best regards,
    Nick
    Last edited by Nick Hessens; 12-21-2014 at 11:36 PM.

Quote by Nick Hessens View Post
    I wonder if the pin was a leftover from the Deumer stock, it has the same unique tool mark? Best regards, Nick
    Good point and well spotted Nick ! its a pity my eyes are not what they used to be but I had spotted it was different to the S-Boat badges pin, and from the same period 1960-65 I would say...............
    Prost ! Steve.

Lovely pieces. The designs of both badges are indeed excellent work, and I personally think that somehow the 1957 versions look even more aesthetically pleasing and well-proportioned due to the loss of the eagle-and-swastika devices crowning the wartime ones.

very nice badges Steve.

Very nice awards!..

Thought I would add my other KM related 57er badges clasps etc...............
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er KM Auxiliary Cruiser badge............   57er KM Auxiliary Cruiser badge............  

?

Some excellent badges & photos Steve thanks for sharing. Cheers Terry.