Become our sponsor and display your banner here

57er Mine Rescue Medal (Grubenwehr Ehrenzeichen)

Article about: Gents, my latest 57er, a Mine Rescue Medal "Grubenwehr Ehrenzeichen" probably by St u L......production time unknown, not many encountered, those seen do not have the typical raise

Default 57er Mine Rescue Medal (Grubenwehr Ehrenzeichen)

Gents, my latest 57er, a Mine Rescue Medal "Grubenwehr Ehrenzeichen" probably by St u L......production time unknown, not many encountered, those seen do not have the typical raised features polished like so many of the 57er medals, so I am unable to date.......I think it looses something with the omission of the eagle/swastika !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI8138.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	217.7 KB 
ID:	707047   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI8140.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	211.9 KB 
ID:	707048  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI8146.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	206.5 KB 
ID:	707049   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI8145.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	209.6 KB 
ID:	707050  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI8142.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	212.0 KB 
ID:	707051  
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Never seen that 1 before Steve so a nice learning curve for me.. & excellent photos too.. Cheers Terry.

Terry a little known award is the "Grubenwehr Ehrenzeichen"............here is the TR version, you will see what I mean over "I think it looses something with the omission of the eagle/swastika !" quote !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grubenwehr Ehrenzeichen 55a.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	707079  
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

?

Yes see what you mean! that swaskita it is in your face.. & the TR version is nice.. The 57 is nice too..Thanks for the info..I haven't bought any 57ers for a wee while I should treat myself in the near future!!! Cheers Terry.

Nice one Steve! I've seen a few of these around, but they are so hard to date.

Regards