Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

57er Miniature Collection

Article about: I figured I'd post my 57er minis for view/reference. One of the great things about collecting 57er minis is the sheer volume of them out there. Especially since, unlike regulations under the

?

Default 57er Miniature Collection

I figured I'd post my 57er minis for view/reference.

One of the great things about collecting 57er minis is the sheer volume of them out there. Especially since, unlike regulations under the Third Reich, there was no limit to how many could be on a single pin...if the veteran wanted to he could display his entire career on a stick.

I will start with my stickpin singles...these are often overlooked by collectors and overpriced by dealers, but some can be quite difficult to track down. Most Heer/SS single stickpins came in two sizes, much like during the war years...16mm and 9mm. However, there were a few that only came in 9mm, such as clasps.

Ehrenblattspange des Heeres und Waffen-SS 9mm...
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber & Bronze, 16mm & 9mm examples of each...
    Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 16mm & 9mm
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze 16mm & 9mm...
    Panzerkampfabzeichen 25 in 9mm, and Panzerkampfabzeichen in 50, 75, & 100 in 16mm. The 16mm are all separately applied and riveted, the toughest way to find badges that mimic full sized separately applied badges...followed by separately applied by solder/glue, and single piece construction
    Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres in 16mm & 9mm. The two-piece construction badge is applied by glue or solder, not rivets
    Panzervernichtungsabzeichen in Silber & Gold, both 9mm. This is a badge that I haven't been able to find as 16mm stickpins and believe only 9mm exists
    Bandenkampfabzeichen in Silber & Gold, both 9mm. It can be tough to determine gold from bronze in a lot of these badges that had multiple grades, but this one seems pretty distinctly gold.
    Nahkampfspange in Bronze, Silber & Gold. Again, I believe I have determined gold from bronze. This is another badge I have not been able to find in 16mm stickpin, and believe only the 9mm size exists

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57er Miniature Collection
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

A very nice collection. Impressive.

As noted in another thread, while they may be plentiful over in Europe, here in the US they are as rare as an original M35 DD SS camo with full basket chicken wire! LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Luftwaffe single stickpins. For some reason, on top of the 16mm and 9mm sizes, Luftwaffe badges also came in 11mm...no idea why, and it appears to be the only branch that had this extra size. I'm not sure if all of their badges came that way, save for FLAK, ground-related badges are much tougher to find in any size that guys who had jobs in the air, and I haven't found any 11mm ground related badges yet.

Flugzeugführerabzeichen in 16mm & 11mm...all of the 16mm are separately applied with glue/solder
    Gemeinsames Flugzeugfuhrer-Beobachter Abzeichen in 11mm & 9mm...
    Flugzeugbeobachterabzeichen in 16mm & 11mm...
    Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe. Top row 9mm, second row 11mm and separately applied with glue, third row 16mm, 1st two separately applied, last three single piece
    Fliegerschutzenabzeichen für Bordfunker und Bordschutzen in 16mm & 11mm...
    Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe in 16mm & 9mm...
    Flieger-Erinnerungs Abzeichen in 16mm. Sadly, this was damaged in the mail sorting machine in transit, but the price I paid didn't make it worth returning. A tough one to find...
    Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe in 16mm
    Panzerkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe in 16mm... LW eagle is riveted onto a Heer/SS badge...
    And finally, the clasps...I have not found any of these in any other size and believe these, too, were limited to 9mm on single stickpins

?

Kriegsmarine single stickpins...these came in 16mm and 9mm, as well, but 9mm singles seem to be much more difficult to find that 16mm...

Flotten-Kriegsabzeichen 16mm
    Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen 16mm
    Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände 16mm
    Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen 16mm
    Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer 16mm
    Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie 16mm & 9mm
    U-boot Kriegsabzeichen in 16mm & 9mm...
    Clasps...once again, these seem to have only been made in 9mm in single stickpins
    Here is the only example of a single stickpin clasp in 16mm I have seen...and I am inclined to believe this is custom made or modified from a 16mm charm from the mini medals and chains, and not something that was standard. Top appears to have had the suspension loop clipped and filed smooth

?

Campaign Award Single Stickpins...

Narvik 9mm
    Kuban 9mm
    Cholm 16mm & 9mm... Once upon a time I was told that these shields weren't made in 16mm, but have since found a few that proved this theory wrong. So who knows, maybe some of the clasps will come to light as 16mm...but I am leaning against that
    Krim 16mm & 9mm
    Lappland 16mm & 9mm. Part of the fun of collecting 57ers is that some of the late-war instituted awards that likely never saw wide use, or awarding beyond paper, were available for the vets to purchase and wear
    Cufftitles were also transformed into actual awards such as stickpins and mini medals...9mm below, I have seen no evidence of 16mm single stickpins

A very nice collection indeed!

?

Non-Branch Specific Awards...

Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz 9mm & 16... Note the Imperial style. Imperial awards continued to be made post-war for veterans by the same firms producing 57ers. While note a 57er, it is fairly common to find Imperial style 9mm Verwundentenabzeichens on combo stickpins, probably used in a pinch or grabbed by mistake when building the pin at the shop
    Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber 9mm & 16mm...
    Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold 16mm
    Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst 9mm
    Kriegsverdienstmedaille 9mm
    Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern 9mm
    Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse ohne Schwerter 16mm & 9mm
    Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern 16mm. These are attributed to a Luftwaffe officer Hanz Peter, who I also have a few small photos of
    EK Spange...I don't believe these were made in any other sizes but 9mm...
    Deutsches Kreuz in Gold 16mm & 9mm
    RK w/ Oaks...I have never seen this in any other size and am not sure if this would be considered a 9mm because of the size of the cross, of a 16mm because of the overall size.
    Sports Dekorationens. These were not officially part of the 57er regs, however that didn't stop firms from producing them or vets from purchasing and wearing them

A lovely collection of miniature awards, thanks for showing.

?

Excellent collection of very unique awards in miniature.
    Outstanding
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Absolutely incredible. Congratulations

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast