Become our sponsor and display your banner here

57er Ost medal mount ?

Article about: Gentlemen, here's a little something that has come my way for £20...an Ost medal parade mount (no medal) and the bonus was it came with a single Ost ribbon bar, they were sold as reproductio

Default 57er Ost medal mount ?

Gentlemen, here's a little something that has come my way for £20...an Ost medal parade mount (no medal) and the bonus was it came with a single Ost ribbon bar, they were sold as reproduction.....but parade mount appears to be of possible 1957 period manufacture...I show the only two other medal bars I own for comparison....if repro, a decent way to display my loose Deumer Ost !
    comments and thoughts please.........................
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	028 (Large).jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	670716   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	030 (Large).jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	670717  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI7467.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	213.3 KB 
ID:	670718   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI7468.jpg 
Views:	628 
Size:	216.1 KB 
ID:	670719  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI7469.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	214.6 KB 
ID:	670720  
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Hello Steve, how do you know its not 1939 ? Doesn't look reproduction ribbon?

Thanks Rory

looks great.

Quote by rory View Post
    Hello Steve, how do you know its not 1939 ? Doesn't look reproduction ribbon? Thanks Rory
    A good question Rory ! I do not know, my knowledge of TR period medals is rudimentory
    Did TR bars have red backing....I thought that a 57er thing.....TR being dark green to field grey.
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."

Quote by oradour View Post
    Did TR bars have red backing....I thought that a 57er thing.....TR being dark green to field grey.
    Actually, red backing material can be found on Third Reich-era medal- and ribbon bars, too. See here for three random examples on my 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz thread:

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/orders...01/#post307695
    http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/orders...11/#post752502
    http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/orders...14/#post998020

?

Good point Steve heres my tr example with red backing
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN8350.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	209.1 KB 
ID:	670760   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN8352.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	214.0 KB 
ID:	670763  

Thanks to both of you for showing spledid examples of red cloth backed TR examples, very interesting, all wit simalar pin /hinge assemblies..interesting to see the blue backing, I have a combined WW2 era and 57e medal bar on its way ...........so my Ost mount could well be wartime.
    Heres the blue backed bar.............The EK II is a TR made Deumer, the Schaumburg-Lippe Kreuz für treue Dienste I believe to be a post war of the 1957 period St u L made piece.
    Prost ! Steve.

Name:	WAF EKII 1014.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	670848   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WAF EK II 14 A.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	670849  

IMO a nice original mount, either wartime or early post war. She looks much better, now that she's all dressed up.

Regards