MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

57er RK KvK mit Schwertern

Article about: Picked this beauty up at the post office yesterday! An early S&L made piece, 800 silver marked and with the swords handles not joined to the cross. A heavy bugger too! Enjoy the pics...

Default 57er RK KvK mit Schwertern

Picked this beauty up at the post office yesterday! An early S&L made piece, 800 silver marked and with the swords handles not joined to the cross. A heavy bugger too!

Enjoy the pics...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er RK KvK mit Schwertern   57er RK KvK mit Schwertern  

57er RK KvK mit Schwertern   57er RK KvK mit Schwertern  

57er RK KvK mit Schwertern  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57er RK KvK mit Schwertern
    P
    Many

?

Nick I think I just commented on the same Cross on another thread..But any way it is worth another comment.. Excellent award & lovely photos..So thanks for posting. Cheers Terry.
    Last edited by Tango; 06-03-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Stunning RvK RK Nick ! and a bonus in being 800 marked ! with a generous length of original period ribbon (could even be wartime !) These awards are far more rare than an EK RK and more impressive in my book....indeed an early example by St u L, evident by its superb finish and the cut out swords i.e. not touching the frame, not easy to find, congratulations on this addition to your collection..........now like me you have to find "ohne schwerten" and Gold versions now !
    Other collectors here... BEWARE .....there is a flood of reproductions doing the rounds, most are quite good at first glance, if unsure post here !
    Prost ! Steve.

Thanks my friends!

Yes, it wasn't until I opened the package and took a good look at the edges for any signs of casting marks, when I noticed the silver marking!

Regards,
    Nick

Does anyone know if the ribbon could be wartime made?

Regards

sorry guys the finish on it is dog rough for a medal of that high standing,not for me.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    sorry guys the finish on it is dog rough for a medal of that high standing,not for me.
    Hi Harry,
    Do you mean the small specks on the arms and swords? I think those are caused by either impurities when the finish was applied or a worn die, not at all uncommon...

Regards

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    A bit unfair Harry....these 57ers are often finished as original TR awards would of been...this high end award is heavily frosted giving it an almost a matt white finish and the highlights polished, as these awards were not worn daily the finish never got naturally polished or dulled as often the case with wartime awards, so this medal has not aged to a good patina.......the polished highlights have attracted a small amount of top corrosion giving it that rough look, I think caused by insufficient care when stored, rather than crap manufacture.......Nick it should not be cleaned in my view, despite being silver !
    Prost ! Steve.

OK,I surrender to superior knowledge of steve. apologies guys.

OK,I surrender to superior knowledge of steve. apologies guys.
    No need to apologize Harry. If you don't like it, then I respect your opinion.

For educational purposes, here is the weight in grams:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er RK KvK mit Schwertern