Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

57er style hiking/walking badges !!

Article about: Gents, I have just bought one of these thinking it was indeed a KM veterans treffen badge, only to discover it is for hiking/walking ! I then did some research on this event, it would appear

Default 57er style hiking/walking badges !!

Gents, I have just bought one of these thinking it was indeed a KM veterans treffen badge, only to discover it is for hiking/walking ! I then did some research on this event, it would appear it is held annually and each badge issued/given to participants has a KM/Marine theme .......Why does this event show Marine/Naval emblems on its badges ?
    Remmsweiler is in the Saarland, hundreds of kilometres from any Naval facility or indeed the sea, has it an active seaman's/salors association that sponsors the event ? Mine has "9.INT.VOLKS WANDERVEREIN 1982 WANDERUNG REMMESWEILER" shown in relief on the Clasp.
    Full size renditions of the WW2 KM/Marine clasp and 57er Narvik shield.....I have seen one on another forum with a minesweeper badge (1974 event) and I found one on the net for sale with the HSF badge (1972) shown below......delightful badges, collectable ?
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er style hiking/walking badges !!   57er style hiking/walking badges !!  

57er style hiking/walking badges !!   57er style hiking/walking badges !!  

57er style hiking/walking badges !!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57er style hiking/walking badges !!
    P
    Many

Quote by oradour View Post
    Mine has "9.INT.VOLKS WANDERVEREIN 1982 WANDERUNG REMMESWEILER" shown in relief on the Clasp.
    I can't offer additional information on these badges, but allow me to remark that the text left and right of the central oval field is to be read as a continuous line. So, it really says:

"9. INT. [= INTERNATIONALE] VOLKSWANDERUNG
    WANDERVEREIN REMMESWEILER"

(9th International Public Hike / Remmesweiler Hiking Club]

very nice like them.