Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

The Affenjacke !

Article about: Here is my first Affenjacke (literally "Monkey Jacket"!) an enlisted mans, double breasted 3 row buttoned tunic....the Bundeswehr's first official tunic, worn by all ranks from enl

Default The Affenjacke !

Here is my first Affenjacke (literally "Monkey Jacket"!) an enlisted mans, double breasted 3 row buttoned tunic....the Bundeswehr's first official tunic, worn by all ranks from enlisted men to Generals ! the only insignia would of been collar badges and shoulder rank devices, U.S. style metal type from 1955 to mid 57 when the Litzen type bars and tresse made a return..although this jacket was made in May 1956 (my birth date !) it has been updated with litzen, green for Infantry. These jackets were made redundant by the introduction of the grey four pocket service tunic, a variant of what is worn today.....in 1958.
    This jacket style and colour was worn by both the Army and the Luftwaffe, the only difference being the insignia...the Luftwaffe getting its distinctive blue uniforms in 1958, when the Army adopted the grey.
    There are some similarities to the wartime Panzer/assault wrap overs, notice the cut and interior retaining buttons. There was a four button two pocket version for Senior NCO'S and Officers as well in the uniform line up of 1955-1958, but this is not known officially as an Affenjacke, but as an "Ausgehanzug", a dress tunic.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Affenjacke !   The Affenjacke !  

The Affenjacke !   The Affenjacke !  

The Affenjacke !  
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Affenjacke !
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: The Affenjacke !

You lucky bugger Steve did you by chance have to sign a deal with the devil she is a one looker ever since you and I discussed this Affenjacke variation many months ago I have been on the look for one as well as I would love to add one to my collection and have yet to see one come up for sale.
    It looks to be in remarkable condition you must be stoked

Regards Mark K

Mark, good to hear from you, hope you and the wife are well !.....with me selling off my WW1 collection, it has given me more cash than I expected...so I was able to make substantial bids on this and the "Ausgehanzug" dress tunic as well. see here.... My first "New Generation"dress tunic 1956.
    Prost ! Steve.

old habits die hard. in the photograph with the three boys, is that the Fallschirmjager clasp worn by the officer in the centre ?