Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Another field cap...BW?

Article about: Also came across this one. Has 1962 printed on the sweat diamond. Again, any information is greatly appreciated

Default Another field cap...BW?

Also came across this one. Has 1962 printed on the sweat diamond. Again, any information is greatly appreciated

Another field cap...BW?
    Another field cap...BW?
    Another field cap...BW?
    Another field cap...BW?
    Another field cap...BW?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another field cap...BW?
    P
    Many

postwar bundes issue Heer.

Thanks Harry. I know this kinda question is taboo, but any idea on value? I know BW stuff is slowly becoming collectible. He hasn't given me a price.

The crossed swords denotes as Harry stated army issue, the Luftwaffe caps of the same era would have had wings instead of the swords. As for price i've seen them on ebay.de for 10 euros!....
    Last edited by oradour; 04-06-2015 at 05:25 PM.

You into postwar Headgear Todd?.................

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    The crossed swords denotes as Harry stated army issue, the Luftwaffe caps of the same era would have had wings instead of the swords. As for price i've seen them on ebay.de for 10 euros!....
    If that's the case then it should of been snapped up ! That was probably here in the U.K. where BW stuff is still regarded by most as surpluse and work gear.....however over on the continent it is now highly collectable with pieces like this commanding around 50 euro + it as stated above an early M43 style cap worn in both the Army and LW upto around the early 1960's......the side cap and visor taking over until their demise by the beret in the late 1970's ! usually worn with the early Affenjackes and M57 four pocket tunic....upto the late 1950's both the Army and LW shared the same colour uniform, slate blue/grey, the difference on this cap would be the motif, crossed swords for Army, wings for LW.
    Prost ! Steve.

Thank you Steve, for the information. I'm trying to pick them up along with several other items he has. Just waiting on a price.