Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

And another new jacket but my last for a while

Article about: expensive just look at this one Rarität Uniform General Bundeswehr Kriegsteilnehmer Deutsches Kreuz | eBay looks amazing thought tom

Default And another new jacket but my last for a while

Here is my latest addition which arrived the other day. Another private purchase jacket which also come with shirt. The shirt has a label of 1972 and the jackets label is washed out and unreadable but I would think it is early to mid 70's jacket. I am confident this is a Panzer Recon jacket for a fahnrich and even though it came with just about everything on it, the divisional patch is missing as is a breast hanger. Need a bit of help trying to sort out what patch should accompany it and of course the breast hanger. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture And another new jacket but my last for a while   And another new jacket but my last for a while  

And another new jacket but my last for a while   And another new jacket but my last for a while  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement And another new jacket but my last for a while
    P
    Many

Default Re: And another new jacket but my last for a while

Can anyone tell me what parent unit Pz Aufkl Bat 6 belonged to? I am looking at buying a breast hanger which has been used and would look good on this unit but need to know what division it was attached to so I could get the patch as well.

Phil

Phil another super tunic ! Pz Aufkl Bat 6 was upto September 1997 part of 6th Panzergrenadierdivision, see attached photo for armshield...after September 1997 it transfered to PzGrenBrig 41.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture And another new jacket but my last for a while  

Thanks Steve...you are a big help

Phil

Phil, I suspect the Shutzenschnur (Marksman lanyard) is not original to the tunic, as it wrongly fitted...it should be attached to two hidden plastic buttons, one under the shoulder strap close to the shoulder and the other end to a small button on the reverse of the the lower collar flap...so as not to obscure the breast hanger, see my Ski blouse thread for photos of attachment, an easy fix ! Prost ! Steve.

You are probably right as I looked at it and compared to the other tunic I have with a fitted lanyard, it is as you said not correct. Might have to get the wife onto that with needle and thread. Just for your info and that of others, I have ordered a 6th Panzer Grenadier Division patch as shown and the Breast hanger for Pz Aufkl Bat 6. Now all I have to do is find a breast hanger for that Gebirgsjager tunic....231,232,233 Bat....so far no luck.

Phil

nice tunic phil where are you finding all these private purchase becasue they are brilliant condition

tom

Believe it or not Tom ebay Germany. There is a real beauty there at the moment (its been there for sometime) of a Sergeant Panzer Grenadier, Panzer Lehr Brigade 9 with everything including the elusive breast hanger attached. The only problem is the price which is probably why its been there a while. I have looked at it a dozen times and it is cheap compared to pre 45 tunics but expensive for BRD. Here is a pic.

Phil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture And another new jacket but my last for a while  

Just further and I have only just noticed but as Steve pointed out on my recent tunic the lanyard on this tunic looks like an add on but easy to put on correctly. I am wondering if sellers are starting to "jazz" their tunics up a bit to make them stand out more. Of course the price goes up also but my Panzer Aufk jacket did not cost anywhere near as much as the seller is asking for this one.

Phil

Phil, this seller is expensive ! it looks to have been dressed up, as you say the lanyard is not attached correctly, I have noticed that E-Bay Germany prices are creeping up ! the above jacket does have the elusive name tag and a "Dutch Uzzi qualification badge"......I have a tunic almost identical to this one, I will show it later today.
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast