Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Any idea what this is, translation?

Article about: I came across someone who has this plate. He was wondering what it is and what it says. I'm wondering what it's worth, if anything. I am guessing something from the NATO years, Cold War? I a

Default Any idea what this is, translation?

I came across someone who has this plate. He was wondering what it is and what it says. I'm wondering what it's worth, if anything. I am guessing something from the NATO years, Cold War? I apologize for the horrible photos, they are not mine. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any idea what this is, translation?   Any idea what this is, translation?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any idea what this is, translation?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Any idea what this is, translation?

German military post-war.
    Value low.
    Otto

Quote by Munich View Post
    German military post-war.
    Value low.
    Otto
    Unless of course you collect German military post-war ....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

lol, well if anyone does, I can put you in touch with the owner. I have no interest.

Moved to the Bundeswehr forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Helmetone...it is a rather nice plaque/plate for modern German Army (Bundeswehr) Reservist organisation...."The Association of German Army Reservists" (VdrBw eV) , North Stuttgart branch...see here http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...isten-Kamerads it reads "in memory of the RK-Stgt. Nord" and displays the Reservist motif/shield. A nice souvenir of membership, I would include this in my collection..but fear the shipping costs would negate the value of the piece ! Still to the Reservist who originally owned it I would imagine it was priceless !
    Prost ! Steve.

Some more information ..... with thanks to Wikipedia !
    "Every conscript which has served at least a day in the Bundeswehr is a reservist, unless he is declared ineligible for military service or has made a claim of conscientious objection. Soldiers of enlisted ranks with a limited contract (either 4, 8 or 12 years) or professional soldiers, who have filled their tour of duty, are likewise part of the reserve. This is also the case for women, but on the basis of the Soldatengesetz (Eng: Soldier Bill), not the Wehrpflichtgesetz (Conscription Bill). Every soldier follows his rank with the initials "d.R." ("der Reserve" - "in the reserve"). So it does not affect whether the soldier is called up, placed in an inactive formation, or not. Only professional soldiers use the appellation "a.D.d.R" ("außer Dienst, der Reserve" - "out of service, in the reserve") after the end of their service. All others (part-time soldiers and conscripts) strictly use "d.R." until the end of their lives.
    Reservists are an integral part of the Bundeswehr. They are essential for the capability of the armed forces in time of war.
    Reservists can be active in the Bundeswehr in addition to their mandatory service. This mostly happens through (mostly voluntarily) military exercises or official events. Apart from that the Bundeswehr organises reservist unions as particularly representative supporting organisations of "voluntarily reservist work".
    Eligibility for compulsory military service for soldiers and other servicemen of low rank ends at the end of the 45th year of age. Thereafter the conscript is no longer part of the reserve. Despite that the appellations "a.D." and/or "d.R." may still be used. Conscription for under-officers and officers lasts until the 60th year of age. Until the 32nd year of age every conscript is subject to military inspection.
    Recognised conscientious objectors, who have competed their civil service, are nonetheless part of the reserve and in the event of war will be given a suitable non-combatant role outside the Bundeswehr, such as emergency medical services, clearing debris or minesweeping.
    All conscripts who have not done their service belong to the Ersatzreserve (replacement reserve)".
    I show a Reservist "sticker" and breast hanger (I.D. Badge, worn attached to right breast pocket button) for when a Reservist is back "on duty", as described above.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any idea what this is, translation?   Any idea what this is, translation?