Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Armshields.

Article about: Verbandsabzeichen or armshields worn on the Dienstanzug (Grey service jacket) was positioned 4cm (Regulations) from the shoulder seam on the left sleeve. This badge indicated the parent unit

Default Armshields.

Verbandsabzeichen or armshields worn on the Dienstanzug (Grey service jacket) was positioned 4cm (Regulations) from the shoulder seam on the left sleeve. This badge indicated the parent unit of the wearer. They can be machine embroidered or Handgestick (hand made), I show a page from an official Goverment booklet "Die Bundeswehr" from 1976, at that time, Army divisional patches always had white with black cross-hatched borders. Brigades attached to the division had white, gold and light red borders, and Home Defense Commands were bordered in green. As the Bundeswehr downsized over the years and especially after 1992 when new units were organized in the former East Germany, the armshield changed from those shown in the illustration. Some disappeared, others, which once represented divisions,now represented Brigades. New designs came to the fore, usually based on the Wappen of the newly incorporated States in the DDR, the bottom photo shows a page of armshields from a 1997 government publication...and some of these have since changed or disapeared, such is the wind of change within the current Bundeswehr ! These badges are readily and cheaply available on the net, such as E-Bay and the like, and can be made into displays, such as the ones I show.......you should be able to identify the majority of shields from this thread, if not, please post and we can investigate ! prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Armshields.   Armshields.  

Armshields.   Armshields.  

Last edited by oradour; 03-11-2011 at 02:03 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Armshields.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Armshields.

thank you steve i was just about to post what mine was just a min ago till i noticed this thread
    tom

?

Bundesministerium?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Armshields.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Adrian...nearly there ! it is the armshield of the "BMVg" Bundesministerium de Verteidigung, the Federal Ministry of Defence, and worn by members of the "Wachtbataillon" (Guard Battalion).. see here for further information on this armshields unit... show us bundeswehr parade tunics post #13.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Armshields.