Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Attributed BW Generals shoulder straps.......

Article about: Ladies & Gents, an attributed set of 57er awards and other items on E-Bay finished recently.....most of the items went for high prices, I bid on a few only to have my backside kicked by

Default Attributed BW Generals shoulder straps.......

Ladies & Gents, an attributed set of 57er awards and other items on E-Bay finished recently.....most of the items went for high prices, I bid on a few only to have my backside kicked by fellow bidders ! I won only his shoulder straps ! Do not get me wrong, I was happy to get the straps....After I had paid the seller, a dealer in Germany he told me his name.....a WW2 veteran, a DKiS holder who later rejoined the Bundeswehr, rising the rank of "Brigadegeneral" I show the set in the first photograph, followed by the straps, I have affixed them to my Generals white summer tunic, rather than let them lie among my shoulder strap collection...it would of been nice to have won his ribbon bar, but alas it went for too much money.....tha Officer in question is Brigadegeneral Vico von Rieben, born 1910, in WW2 he served as a transport Officer (Oberstleutnant) on the staff of Army Group South winning DKiS, KVK I with swords, KVK II with swords, EK II, Ost medal, 4 year long service medal, Sports badge and a Romanian high award the "Ritterkreuz des Ordens der rumänischen Krone"....he joined the BW 1956, promoted to Oberst 7.10.1958 and then to Brigadegeneral 30.9.1966....it is believed he retired in 1970.
    It was a pity to see the group split up, but this is the fate of many a veterans set once on E-Bay !
    I also show the photographs of my white summer tunic with his boards attached (They are of the slip on variety).....also I have included details of his BW Wehrpass, showing dates of awards and promotions.
    I am still researching this Officer..if anyone can assist as I can not find a photo of him either in the Wehrmacht or BW.
    A snippet of information is the von Rieben published a couple of books about his exploits, in 1952 "The German military transportation system in southern Russia, Rumania, Hungary (24 Nov 1942-25 Mar 1945)" and was in 1978 involved in co writing volume 2 of "History of the 258th Infantry Division: The campaign against the Soviet Union in 1941 and 1942"......now to find a copy of those !

Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Attributed BW Generals shoulder straps.......   Attributed BW Generals shoulder straps.......  

Attributed BW Generals shoulder straps.......   Attributed BW Generals shoulder straps.......  

Attributed BW Generals shoulder straps.......   Attributed BW Generals shoulder straps.......  

Last edited by oradour; 01-06-2013 at 02:12 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Attributed BW Generals shoulder straps.......
    P
    Many

Default Re: Attributed BW Generals shoulder straps.......

Quote by oradour View Post
    It was a pity to see the group split up, but this is the fate of many a veterans set once on E-Bay !
    A pity indeed.

Nevertheless congrats on the new additions.

Thanks Ingrid, I am glad some one is interested !.....some more, but scant history on Vico von Rieben
    World War 2 Awards.com - RIEBEN, von, Vico
    Here are the final prices that his awards achieved........
    Shoulder straps.......£25
    KVK I with swords....£183
    4 piece madal bar.....£245
    Ribbon bar................£135
    German Cross in Silver + case......£500
    it appears that the miniatures were not sold or withdrawn. I show his awards (all early examples of 57er's) as to complete this thread and keep them (sort of) together despite the lot being spread around the collecting world....the research goes on !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Attributed BW Generals shoulder straps.......   Attributed BW Generals shoulder straps.......  

Thanks Ingrid, I am glad some one is interested !.....some more, but scant history on Vico von Rieben
    World War 2 Awards.com - RIEBEN, von, Vico
    Prost ! Steve.
    I really like the white sumnmer tunic , it seems the beautiful old style of braided gilt straps had to give way to a much more modest type , these Bundeswehr straps are quite plain less ornate than a Third Reich feldwebel ! I like the provinance though

Here is von Riebens award document for his KVK I with swords "Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern"awarded when a Hauptmann at Hauptquartier on 15.I.1941, note it is undersigned by General der Infanterie "Keitel".
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images Attributed BW Generals shoulder straps....... 

?

Nice Boards Steve they look Great on the tunic !
    Dave

Well done. Very nice.

?

A very very nice piece of history. Wonderful tunic, straps and condecorations. Thanks for sharing your research.

Thanks Gents for your kind remarks, I am still trying to find a photograph of von Rieben, so I can put a face to the name...
    Prost ! Steve.

I am still trying to find a photograph of von Rieben, so I can put a face to the name...
    Isn't there a photo of him in the wehrpass?
    Last edited by Nick Hessens; 01-08-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast