Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

BGS Thread

Article about: hi guys i don't know if this is a good idea or not but i think we should make a thread devoted to the BGS. post stuff like uniform,headwear,photos,equiptment and anything else so that we can

many thanks gary
    Regards James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BGS Thread
    P
    Many

?

Quote by James C View Post
    many thanks gary
    Your most welcome James, I have a question based on your replacement of the pebbled buttons on your Jacket, are all the buttons (including the front/chest )all pebbled type on these jackets or the green plastic standard Bundy type?

?

Hi Gary I can confirm that they are all pebbled buttons on my example.

Regards Mark

Got to love the post-war German stuff. Cool design, cheaper than TR, and no possibly ugly political overtones (undertones?). Unless you feel strongly pro- East German, maybe..

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Hi Gary I can confirm that they are all pebbled buttons on my example.

Regards Mark

Excellent many thanks Mark , I am relatively new to BGS Jackets ( though I have been a fan for many years).

I have a secondary question being what size are the buttons as I have to source some for a jacket, but do not know what size to look out for. I saw some on-line but the seller gave three sizes MM= diameter??, sorry to be pain!

Any assistance will be most appreciated ,as I want to get the right size and keep costs down too

?

Sorry Gary I must have been having a moment I just ran home to double check had a feeling I was wrong all the buttons on my example are 20 mm green plastic with the exception of the buttons for the shoulder boards which are 17 mm pebbled metal

Regards Mark

sorry for my late reply gary im on call out this week with work ,from memory all my buttons are green plastic aside from the ones i added to the shoulder boards and are roughly the size of the old 5 pence piece
    Regards James

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Sorry Gary I must have been having a moment I just ran home to double check had a feeling I was wrong all the buttons on my example are 20 mm green plastic with the exception of the buttons for the shoulder boards which are 17 mm pebbled metal

Regards Mark
    No worries Mark, I am just grateful for your efforts in answering my query, 20mm plastic that's great news as I have spares of these,thanks again Mate

?

Quote by James C View Post
    sorry for my late reply gary im on call out this week with work ,from memory all my buttons are green plastic aside from the ones i added to the shoulder boards and are roughly the size of the old 5 pence piece
    Hi James, no problem at all mate, again plastic is good as I have some green bundy one's, so I just need to source a couple of pebbled one's, great news

?

On the subject of sourcing spares for BGS uniforms, does anyone know of a reliable ( and cheap ) source of BGS shield patches, I have a BGS mudguard patch but I am in the market for the shield. This is too attach to the arm pocket of a Jacket, it does not matter if it is a repro ???

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast