Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

BGS Thread

Article about: hi guys i don't know if this is a good idea or not but i think we should make a thread devoted to the BGS. post stuff like uniform,headwear,photos,equiptment and anything else so that we can

fair play gary you have done a wonderfull job of repairing and i suppose exactly how field repairs should be done ,nice to hear of your sewing skillls ,i did all my own stiching too although it was a bit like rambo's attempt on his armmaybe those years in school taking home economics had some how been hardwired into my nugget ,my trousers are in a bad way with the knee section completely worn through both layers ,the other knee is fine so i will use the reinforcing knee patch and transfer across to the more needy side , the only guy i know of with one of those original caps is a mutual friend well kind of i think you will know who im talking about look out for the m43 style woolen green fieldmutze as these are acceptable too ,ill post up my set once completely repaired ,regards james
    Last edited by James C; 08-31-2014 at 06:26 PM.
    Regards James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BGS Thread
    P
    Many

Hey I'm in need of both too!

?

Quote by James C View Post
    fair play gary you have done a wonderfull job of repairing and i suppose exactly how field repairs should be done ,nice to hear of your sewing skillls ,i did all my own stiching too although it was a bit like rambo's attempt on his armmaybe those years in school taking home economics had some how been hardwired into my nugget ,my trousers are in a bad way with the knee section completely worn through both layers ,the other knee is fine so i will use the reinforcing knee patch and transfer across to the more needy side , the only guy i know of with one of those hats is a mutual friend well kind of i think you will know who im talking about look out for the m43 style woolen green fieldmutze as these are acceptable too ,ill post up my set once completely repaired ,regards james
    Hi Mate, I had a look at the inside of the trousers this afternoon and the knee is double lined so in the extreme it would be possible to cut out quite a large section of the inner,which would not affect the overall look of the garment, of course original material could be utilised.

My sewing skills have been honed over the last week, I now feel I should have one of them scout badges for sewing skills,and for doing things on the cheap, and using my initiative, and helping old ladies cross the road..no scrub that I lied I did not have time to assist octogenarian's across my busy road

I can wait for a hat, I waited 20 years once for the right thing to come along!!

Perhaps this foum need's a sewing repair section under the restorations hehe

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Hey I'm in need of both too!
    Hi René, you could try ms.sparrow59 ( sorry not sure about the policies on creating links to ebay) this seller has some sets for $7.00, I am considering buying a set myself, but have some reservations just in case they are not the right sizes etc.

Great to see your example with the flap attached,and not butchered too mate

Figured to whack in a shot of me out in the Victorian desert (Big Desert) back in the mid 90's wearing my long 67 BGS jacket, you can just make out my old DOU 42 K98 to the right!

?

That camo blends in quite well Rene in the Australian Outback.

Regards Mark

?

René fantastic picture, and as Mark already said the camo works very well amongst that foliage. Just goes to show camo can work effectively as well in the outback as well as European forests.

Cheers guys I thought you'd find it interesting

?

Hi Guys, many thanks to James for supplying the Pebbled Buttons so I could complete my BGS Jacket, I have guessed where the hood buttons should go as I could see no holes where the original's would have been, the shoulder buttons were easy as there was thread from when the original buttons were removed. I managed to use many spare green plastic buttons from my Bepo trousers and sewed them on to, hopefully this jacket now look's authentic,regards Gary.

BGS Thread
    BGS Thread
    BGS Thread

just perfect gary ,crikey did i supply all those buttons ,well i managed to find the federal eagle and bundesgrenzschutz arc patches from a kind fellow in germany ,ive offered them up to the jacket sleeve flap and it seems a tad to big ,now i can either turn the arc inwards to squeeze it on or fit them to my border guard tunic which needs them as wellBGS ThreadBGS Thread
    Regards James

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast