Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

BGS Thread

Article about: hi guys i don't know if this is a good idea or not but i think we should make a thread devoted to the BGS. post stuff like uniform,headwear,photos,equiptment and anything else so that we can

Default BGS 'Y' straps / Koppeltrage

I think this item is quite late and it is completely unmarked. The manufacturing style and hardware remind me very much of German equipment I observed in the '80s. Can anyone date this for me?

BGS Thread

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BGS Thread
    P
    Many

Thanks James,

I was aiming for a full manniquin (I have the trousers but no boots yet) but a friend found this half manniquin for me at a bargain £15 (it's pretty good quality) so it seemed churlish not to crack on with it

I quite literally stumbled upon the ammo pouches which I got from an ex German copper who did have more than one set if anyone else is looking for them, drop me a PM as he may still have them.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

[QUOTE=James C;1639116]i see you managed to find the mess tin strap too /QUOTE]

Yep, these can be a pain to find yet they are not correspondingly expensive! The point to note apart from the BGS marking is that most BGS mess tins are the three part type which is taller than the two part which means the WWII straps which are easy to find are just too short. The BGS strap is 10cm longer!

Regards

Mark

the Y straps remind me of NVA issue Mark

Quote by James C View Post
    the Y straps remind me of NVA issue Mark
    I follow your logic James but I am fairly certain they are not of DDR origin. I have seen and handled a lot of DDR made stuff especially whilst serving in Berlin and the quality of these is far too high. Also, it is difficult to explain but the construction and hardware is exactly like the white belt equipment used by the Bundeswehr. When my Corps was armed on duty after two of our lads were shot by Irish terrorists in Osnabruck we were equipped with Bundeswehr white belts and holsters because the was no such thing in the British inventory at that time. That kit was made exactly like these Y straps.

Regards

Mark

Default BGS Feldflasche on Ebay

Just posting this for the benefit of any BGS collector in need of one of these.

Nato- Feldflasche, Wasserflasche | eBay

This is a good one and is not a NATO item as described but it is BGS

BGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS Thread

Regards

Mark

Default Stahlhelm M35/50

Good afternoon gents,

Here is another post war steel helmet added to my growing collection (I still don't collect steel helmets ) which I got from a former BGS member (1960 period). The type I believe is M35/50 as it has rivets like the WWII type which the M35/53 doesn't. The colour is gloss RAL 6004 Blaugruen (Blue green) rather than the later textured RAL 6005 Moosgruen (Moss green) more often seen on BGS helmets or RAL 7031 Blaugrau (Blue grey) of the Berlin Bereitschaftspolizei (similar in role to BGS). This shade is that seen on Landespolizei helmets usually seen with Landeswappen decals. It is sometimes found overpainted with Moss green. My information is that this shade was used at the same time by BGS and Landespolizei in the '60s. I have seen multiple slight variations in the liners of these helmets.

I would welcome any information / opinion on this one as hard info is not exactly easy to find.

Regards

Mark
    BGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS Thread

Default Magazintasche Beretta M38 / 49

These pouches are totally unmarked but are in extremely good condition showing only the patina of age but not usage.

I am not sure how and with what other kit they were worn but as they have no integral "D" rings I suppose they would have been worn with the "D" ring loops or Schlaufen, unless of course they were worn without the "Y" straps or Koppeltrager.

BGS ThreadBGS Thread
    BGS Thread

Any comments please.

Regards

Mark

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Good afternoon gents,

Here is another post war steel helmet added to my growing collection (I still don't collect steel helmets ) which I got from a former BGS member (1960 period). The type I believe is M35/50 as it has rivets like the WWII type which the M35/53 doesn't. The colour is gloss RAL 6004 Blaugruen (Blue green) rather than the later textured RAL 6005 Moosgruen (Moss green) more often seen on BGS helmets or RAL 7031 Blaugrau (Blue grey) of the Berlin Bereitschaftspolizei (similar in role to BGS). This shade is that seen on Landespolizei helmets usually seen with Landeswappen decals. It is sometimes found overpainted with Moss green. My information is that this shade was used at the same time by BGS and Landespolizei in the '60s. I have seen multiple slight variations in the liners of these helmets.

I would welcome any information / opinion on this one as hard info is not exactly easy to find.

Regards

Mark
    BGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS Thread
    Nice pickup's Mark ,i notice the m50 has leather liner tabs ,this as you would know would indicate a neck flap attachment not unlike the west german Feuerwehrhelm's ,very interesting indeed and nothing of the like i've seen before

Small update ,finally added a pair of 58 dated FN pouchesBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS Thread

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast