Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BGS Collectors BEWARE !

Article about: This jacket has recently surfaced on E-Bay, a reproduction made in (where else !) China...a very credible copy, it is being sold "loosely" as new made, but a reproduction never the

Default BGS Collectors BEWARE !

This jacket has recently surfaced on E-Bay, a reproduction made in (where else !) China...a very credible copy, it is being sold "loosely" as new made, but a reproduction never the less !...but when these pieces make there way West, I would imagine there will be plenty of unscrupulous people who will offer them as originals...beware ! Many thanks to member "Stonemint" who found this on fleabay......It is known that some BGS items are already reproduced, badges and items of cammo clothing (usually using surplus genuine material) but this is a new development.....I wonder when repro BW Heer & Luftwaffe Generals tunics will be made, I fear imminently...as any period BW Generals tunic is NOW over £300....... I have linked the auction page, but as it will disappear over time, I have copied the photographs, it is being offered for $270 ! You have been warned ! Here is the link High End Quality Western German BGS Brigadier General Tricot Uniform | eBay
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BGS Collectors BEWARE !   BGS Collectors BEWARE !  

BGS Collectors BEWARE !   BGS Collectors BEWARE !  

BGS Collectors BEWARE !  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BGS Collectors BEWARE !
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: BGS Collectors BEWARE !

What a same......but the eagle on the sleeve does look poor!!!
    Did Assman make uniforms?

AMTG....You beat me to it...here's some shots of the real thing, as you point out " the devil is in the detail " ! Still good enough to fool many.....as for the Assman connection, who knows if there was a tailoring firm of the same name.....I hope the owner of this tunic does not mind its use here, as it is for educational purposes !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BGS Collectors BEWARE !   BGS Collectors BEWARE !  

I've got to say, I much prefer the cut of the repro

It would certainly fool me. Thanks for posting.

Quote by oradour View Post
    as for the Assman connection, who knows if there was a tailoring firm of the same name.....I
    The Assmann Uniformwerkstätten company actually existed, yes. (For example, they are listed here as an eRel retailer: Uniforms and Traditions » WW2 German Cap makers )

Whether or for how long they were still in business post-WW2, I have no idea. Maybe somebody here knows. Surely, in order for them to make a BGS uniform, they would have had to have been in business at least until 1990, as Halle an der Saale was in East Germany so they could not have made BGS uniforms prior to German re-unification.

Of course, as Steve already wrote, the uniform is not real and even expressly sold as a brand-new, made-to-order repro, but it would be interesting to know whether the label is even plausible. (Especially if one such tunic should show up being sold as the real deal somewhere.)

?

Thanks for the heads up Steve I have not yet seen this item listed for sale on Ebay I have added quite a few BGS items to my collection over the last year I have saved the images for future reference .

Regards Mark K

I want a repro one just for casual wear without worrying about ruining an original.

very beautiful jackets

The BGS did not wear such a uniform in 1990 and Halle an der Saale is famously not in the cold war FRG. As Andreas points out, it is in Sachsen Anhalt, which is
    not Niedersachsen or Bayern......

What a bunch of numb skulls.

Some of us lived and worked in the cold war, by the way, so this kind of thing is a real hoot.

Beispiel Uniform example:

Tragezeit dieser Version von / worn 1951 bis 1976

Das Foto zeigt einen Offizier mit gesticktem Emblem an der Mütze mit den Schulterklappen eines Hauptmannes im BGS (heute Hauptkommissar A 11). Die Uniformen der Offiziere waren im Stoff heller und im Schnitt eleganter als die Uniformen aus der Kleiderkammer. Oft haben sie Schneider - privat - nach Maß angefertigt.

The photo shows an Officer with an embroidered cap emblem and shoulder boards of a Captain in the Federal Border guard (today Main Commissioner A 11). The Officer's uniform material was brighter, and the cut more elegant, than the uniforms from the clothing stores. Often they were privately tailored and made to measure.

In 1964 kommt zu den bestehenden Abteilungen des BGS ein BGS See (Küstenschutz) hinzu.

In 1964a Federal Border Coast Guard detatchment joined the existing Federal Guard departments.

Der BGS von 1976 bis 2001

Am 18. Mai 1976 wurde in Angleichung an die Länderpolizei eine neue Uniform eingeführt. Lediglich Kragenspiegel und Schulterstücke in der alten Form behielt man bei.

On the 18th of May 1976, a new uniform was introduced in line with those of the State Police. Only the old style collar patches and shoulder boards still remained.

Die Beamten des BGS führten nun ihre Amtsbezeichnung mit dem Zusatz „im Bundesgrenzschutz“.

Now the Officers of the Federal Border Guard their displayed their Official designation with the addition „In the Federal Border Guard“.

Das geänderte Ärmelabzeichen / the new patch:

Jacke

Hemd / shirt

Auf die neue Mütze kam ein Mützenstern wie ihn auch die Länderpolizeien seit 1975 hatten.

On the new cap was a cap-star similar to the one used by the State Police since 1975.

Beispiele Mützen / cap examples:

Bergmütze Mittlerer Dienst

gehobener Dienst

Barret der Sondereinheit GSG 9
    Beret of the special force GSG 9

Beispiel Hemden / shirt examples:

Beispiel Uniformen examples:

EPHK A13 im BGS (die leere Schulterklappe ist schon A 9,
    A 10 hat einen Stern, A11 und A12 haben zwei Sterne)

Polizeihauptmeister im BGS

Sondermarke zum 50-jährigen Bestehen des BGS/
    Special stamp to commemorate the 50 year existance of
    the Federal Border Guard.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-25-2016 at 04:18 AM.

which is to say that the Wehrmacht style uniform was worn from 1 9 5 1 until 1 9 7 6....

and then it was replaced by the variant worn at the time of unification, which does not look like this Chinese wonder garment.

The textiles alone would give this away. Old trikotage is not be mistaken for the plastic stuff made today, even when the textile is 100% wool.

BGS Collectors BEWARE !BGS Collectors BEWARE !BGS Collectors BEWARE !BGS Collectors BEWARE !BGS Collectors BEWARE !BGS Collectors BEWARE !BGS Collectors BEWARE !BGS Collectors BEWARE !My wild a$$ guess would also be, and please correct me, that the guild label from the III. Reich was not used in the FRG of the 1950s and 1960s, as I presume,
    a social market economy order reigned in Bonn and not the hierarchical trade/party/state arrangement as in the III. Reich.

The label is often seen in well made III. Reich uniforms.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast