Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bought these today

Article about: Hi all. A couple of finds at market this morning. I started picking up Bundeswehr items as I can never find/afford wartime gear, but I am starting to get the bug a little.. This seems to be

Default Bought these today

Hi all.

A couple of finds at market this morning.
    I started picking up Bundeswehr items as I can never find/afford wartime gear, but I am starting to get the bug a little..

This seems to be a common manufacturer and both items ( paricularly the officers cap, dated 1968 ) are in great condition.
    Any info would be appreciated. What does the "A" stamp on the inside denote?

Cheers,

Brian.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bought these today   Bought these today  

Bought these today   Bought these today  

Bought these today  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bought these today
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bought these today

Nice caps! The 'A' was stamped on uniform items that were deemed as surplus and sent to surplus dealers or to be destroyed.

Welcome to the BW section Brian ! it is a bug that you will catch ! I caught some years ago, but have recently gone "alles Bundeswehr Heer" just collecting BW 1955 to present. Your caps, the peaked cap is an enlisted mans/NCO cap of the Bundeswehr Luftwaffe (Air force)...the side cap is Bundeswehr Heer (Army) both items are now consigned to history as the Bundeswehr since the late 1970's wear berets ! The "A" stamps are placed in items that are officially discarded by the Bundeswehr as unserviceable and subsequently often sold to surplus dealers. ("A" as in "Aussonderung"/"ausgesondert"= decommissioned/surplus).
    Prost ! Steve.

Thanks for the information.

I will look out for more......

Brian.

?

In the costume store of my operatic society we used to have over 90 BW caps of different services, also the side caps and uniforms to match, i daresay most have now been thrown out due to a takeover of the committee and i left the society therefore i could'nt protect them anymore, we also had a full sailors uniform and a Jordanian officers unform, i did manage to get my hands on a few caps but i had to convert quite a few for a production of The Sound of Music

Quote by davejb View Post
    In the costume store of my operatic society we used to have over 90 BW caps of different services, also the side caps and uniforms to match, i daresay most have now been thrown out due to a takeover of the committee and i left the society therefore i could'nt protect them anymore, we also had a full sailors uniform and a Jordanian officers unform, i did manage to get my hands on a few caps but i had to convert quite a few for a production of The Sound of Music
    Do you still have the Jordanian uniform? My grandfather was a Jordanian Army officer.

?

No, sorry Mo i had to leave it there but the one thing i do want back is my large tool crate for a Lancaster Bomber, it has markings for "Tropical Issue" plus the list of "spares and tools", unknown to me my wife "borrowed it" as she was wardrobe mistress and needed a large crate to store costumes in