Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.

Article about: Here is a work on Austrian uniforms of the interwar period, items of extraordinary rarity and great interest. The photos show the uniform in the Dolfuss Staendestaat, i.e. ca. 1933-38 at a t

just looking for more information on this austrian cap in the m43 style ,ive really tryed to research this one but there seems little known about postwar caps ,perhaps im looking in the wrong places firstly id like to know its correct designation ,i was thinking fieldmutze or bergmutze but would like clarification, unfortunately no manufacture date or hba stamp ,the label shows marie slama and sohn of vienna and established 1902 ,what period would this be from in your opinion's ,im also wondering what rank these triangular stripes in gold thread below the cockade denote ,the buttons are stamped ulbricht,also on the inside is a stiched piece of thread across the backside of the insignia giving the front area a squashed appearance,was this a common practise and i also noticed when unfolded there is two holes which im guessing although i could be wrong was an edelweiss,it is in the right area on the cap but what seems odd is the holes are on the inner fold not the outer and im sure more than two fixing points where required for the edelweiss,thanks for all your help ,jamesThe Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.
    P
    Many

Hi James, the thread used to tie the cap crown into a "pinched" look is a common affectation. It was even popular in WW2.

The correct name is the Bergmütze.

The Dienstgrad for a Hauptmann I think.

It should have the Edelweiss.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

many thanks for your help on this one ade ,much obliged

i know its hard without the date stamp but would i be right in saying this cap would be from around the 1970's it looks to be a cotton hbt fabric ?

I would say so.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi all
    Just a couple of my Austrian caps... first a felt type M56 1957 HBA dated with insignia and buttons also by Ulbricht in size 57
    Then my two Fuerwehr service caps the green one with maker "Breitfeld" in a size 62+ (way too big for me!!!!)made in a canvas materiel ... the brown one (makers mark unfortunatley too feint to read!!) in a size 60 made in cotton twill... both have simple tabbed insignia and fake buttons.
    all the caps exhibit the same gathered peak design!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.   The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.  

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.   The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.  

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.  

very nice austro ,im always willing to learn more on these caps ,when you say fake buttons do you mean the material which should fold down around the wearers neck/chin area is superficial?

Yes they are just a simple hand bend staple affair .. so I think just for decoration purpose.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.  

sorry austro i misunderstood ,unusual buttons all the same ,thanks for showing

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.

Medal "DANCON MARCH"

Hi, mates !

Want to show you some images of the DANCON MARCH medal, my son awarded day´s ago in the Kosovo.

Cheers,
    R.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast