Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.

Article about: Here is a work on Austrian uniforms of the interwar period, items of extraordinary rarity and great interest. The photos show the uniform in the Dolfuss Staendestaat, i.e. ca. 1933-38 at a t

Default Re: The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gents, here is link to the official Austrian Government web site for the Bundesheer Austrian Armed Forces
    Prost ! Steve.
    Bravo, well done. There are many images, too.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.
    P
    Many

?

Thank you for the photos and the link gentlemen I assume the soldier holding the flag would be part of an honor gaurd ,And you are correct Steve there are virtually no dress uniforms on the market that I can find for sale either Iam unshur if the Austrian goverment releases them to the market as surplus.

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thank you for the photos and the link gentlemen I assume the soldier holding the flag would be part of an honor gaurd ,And you are correct Steve there are virtually no dress uniforms on the market that I can find for sale either Iam unshur if the Austrian goverment releases them to the market as surplus.

Regards Mark K
    There is a guard corps in the Bundesheer, which wears white trappings but otherwise wears the normal Bundesheer service dress. The uniforms are all on the official link included here. I am sure you can secure these things in Austria, itself.
    I have no idea how their surplus structure works versus that in Germany. The Bundesheer is a pretty small army, which has recently gotten much smaller. I know many places in Vienna where you can find this stuff, though.

PS or they wear a brown belt and the officers wear breeches and riding boots versus the long pants otherwise in wear.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-11-2011 at 07:56 PM.

?

Thank you Friedrich I will try to narrow my search to Austria itself and I may have better luck finding the items I want for my collection.

Best Regards Mark K

Thank you Friedrich I will try to narrow my search to Austria itself and I may have better luck finding the items I want for my collection.

Best Regards Mark K

Thanks. The places in know in Wien are old fashioned shops, actually, without any internet presence as near as I can tell.

One is on the Opernring near the Meridien and the academy of arts, kitty corner to the Opera on the other side of the street and one is in the Siebensterngasse in Spittelberg, off the Mariahilferstrasse.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-11-2011 at 07:55 PM.

mark some a very nice uniform and Friedrich brilliant photos i must say there uniform is very good even thought it hasn't changed much.
    it is the same for the italian uniforms to get any "proper" ones it is best to go to italy i would hazzard a guess that will be the same in austria (it gives me the excuse to go on holiday )
    well done gentlemen keep it going

?

Thanks for that Friedrich I will be going to Europe in the spring and Austria was on my places to visit list I will have to do a little shopping around I can see. With any luck I will find what I desire for my collection .

Regards Mark K

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.
    Thanks for that Friedrich I will be going to Europe in the spring and Austria was on my places to visit list I will have to do a little shopping around I can see. With any luck I will find what I desire for my collection .

Regards Mark K
    Good luck and enjoy yourself. Vienna is a wonderful place.

?

Here`s my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

The Architecture is some of the finest in the world there is much to see there and of course not enough time to see it all.

Regards Mark K

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast