Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.

Article about: Here is a work on Austrian uniforms of the interwar period, items of extraordinary rarity and great interest. The photos show the uniform in the Dolfuss Staendestaat, i.e. ca. 1933-38 at a t

Default Re: The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Here`s my collection.
    Very nice, but there is much more to secure, for sure.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.
    P
    Many

?

Very nice collection Zwerge I rather like the Austrian UN peacekeepers shield .

Regards Mark K

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.
    Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    The Architecture is some of the finest in the world there is much to see there and of course not enough time to see it all.

Regards Mark K
    You should also go on a diet ahead of time, since eating is a major part of the place's charm. The music is also quite central to the wonder of the place. Just bring a great deal of money. However, there is much more value for money spent than, say, where I live, which is horribly expensive and has a low quality of life.

all the best, FB

?

What are these? They came with the other Austrian insignia.They are about 6" long.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Shoulder cords, of which one is worn.

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.See attached.

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The single shoulder cord is a Habsburg tradition, imitated by the SA and SS. The rank is shown on the collar patches, as is the Waffenfarbe, which has similarities to the Wehrmacht and Bw, but also great differences.

Postscriptum: the black SS uniform is from Heidelberg.

The Prussians showed the rank on the shoulder and had decorative collar patches, more or less, while the Austrians showed the rank on the collar with more or less decorative shoulder cords, kinda.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-11-2011 at 10:00 PM.

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.Here are the ranks. I will look for the Waffenfarben, as I think these here in the lower grades are infantry, but I am not certain.

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.Here are the Waffenfarben and the ranks, especially as worn on the cap, as was done "in der Monarchie..."

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.Here are a year's class of the general staff course. Notice the Bw mountain trooper there. Bavarian Bw mountain troops and the Bundesheer persons are quite close, even in the neutrality period.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast