Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.

Article about: Here is a work on Austrian uniforms of the interwar period, items of extraordinary rarity and great interest. The photos show the uniform in the Dolfuss Staendestaat, i.e. ca. 1933-38 at a t

Default Re: The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.

Gents.......Some very nice Bundesheer items being shown here..........Reibert, your sons beret is a stunner ! It seems facial hair is allowed..........
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.
    P
    Many

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gents.......Some very nice Bundesheer items being shown here..........Reibert, your sons beret is a stunner ! It seems facial hair is allowed..........
    Prost ! Steve.
    Hi, Steve !

Facial hair is´nt allowed !

But, this man is reservist, (militia), nobody cares ...

Funny image, (IMO shot 20, or, 30 yrs, ago ...), thx. for showing !

R.

The point here being that the Austrian army has a large militia component. The Austrians also recently voted to retain conscription, unlike the Germans and most other NATO countries. Austria is not in NATO, of course, but is highly engaged in foreign missions via the UNO, as well as the EU, and in NATO affiliation of Partnership for Peace.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-28-2013 at 04:30 AM.

Much useful knowledge is at this site.

Österreichs Bundesheer

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.While the images of the Miliz Soldat with the old camouflage and the helmet have their poetry, I favor this image:
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-28-2013 at 04:08 PM.

nice photograph friedrich ive often wondered in a time when every other nation was going down the road of disruptive bdu's the austrians kept to olive drab , can i ask what the current uniform cammo looks like please ,regards james

The Austrians are inherently conservative, but they have excellent field equipment, which is the envy of the Germans, for instance. They still keep the olive drab uniform as a field uniform as near as I can tell, or for the bulk of troops. Do look at the website I included, as it contains all the uniforms.

Here is a link to the evolution of the uniforms. The camouflage uniform is from the epoch of the foundation of the BH in the mid 50s.

Österreichs Bundesheer - Uniformen und Abzeichen - Die Uniform

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.Here is the present day battle dress and the new desert uniform.

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.An image of the camouflage uniform ca. 1957. It looks as if based on that of the Waffen SS of the last gasp, just as the Bw did in the 1980s.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast