Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.

Article about: Here is a work on Austrian uniforms of the interwar period, items of extraordinary rarity and great interest. The photos show the uniform in the Dolfuss Staendestaat, i.e. ca. 1933-38 at a t

Default The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.

The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.
    Quote by oradour View Post
    Indeed Reibert, the Austrian Bundesheer had 42 M41 Walker Bulldogs between 1960 to 1979. Germanys upgraded variants, usually had a larger gun and/or a diesel engine.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Hi, Steve !

Some images:
    Last edited by oradour; 12-11-2011 at 06:36 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.
    P
    Many

Reibert, great photographs....of Bundesheer ( the Austrian Army) M41's, thanks for showing ! Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 12-11-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Reibert, great photographs....of Bundesheer ( the Austrian Army) M41's, thanks for showing ! Prost ! Steve.
    You´re welcome, Steve !

image 5 shows an M41 "Walker Bulldog", images 3, 4 and 6 an M24 "Chaffee", but, what´s about the tanks showing in image 1 and 2 ?
    Last edited by oradour; 12-11-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Reibert, they were known in the Bundeswehr as the "M47 Kampfpanzer" and every where else as the M47 Patton tank. Produced 1951 TO 53.
    A bit of trivia on the side - One of the Austrian Army's M47 tank drivers would later become rather well-known:
    Motts Military Museum and Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    A bit of trivia on the side - One of the Austrian Army's M47 tank drivers would later become rather well-known:
    Motts Military Museum and Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Interesting !

?

Default The Bundesheer, The Austrian Army.

Thank you Adrian Iam finding that collecting early Bundeswehr and Bundesheer uniforms from the 1950's/1960's is very challenging I have just located a pair of erbsentarn <K4> field pants to go with my field tunic will post a photo of the tunic hear if Tom does not mind me throwing a little Austrian twist to his thread please pardon the photos these were from the seller and I have yet to take some better ones the colors are a lot darker and a lot more brown than the photos show.

Regards Mark K
    Attached Images Attached Images The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army. 

?

I believe this is a Bundesheer dress uniform belt?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.  
    Last edited by oradour; 12-11-2011 at 06:38 PM.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    I believe this is a Bundesheer dress uniform belt?
    zwerge half correct its a trouser belt for their basic work uniform...a dress belt is leather and of thicker design and the buckle is similar to that of the ww2 (in how to attaches)german (see attached)
    The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army.

It has been suggested by FB that we start a thread on the Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army. I agree, so here it is I have moved appropriate posts...it is an area, I know nothing about, but am willing to learn...so Gentlemen, post away !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

I as well Friedrich am very fond of early post war Bundesheer uniforms, equipment and regalia and was lucky enough to just find a pair of K4 Erbsentarn feldhose to complete my uniform ( I do wish they were in better condition but I can not seem to find them anywere I search possibly Iam not looking in the right places ) Iam still in need of a fieldbelt,stollawein Ystraps and a feldcap and associated fieldgear.

Regards Mark K
    Attached Images Attached Images The Bundesheer, the modern Austrian Army. 

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast