Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bundeswehr in Afghanistan..ISAF

Article about: Gents, Little or none of Germany's involvement in ISAF has discussed or debated here on this section, as it was an ongoing "War" it was rather an emotive and sensitive subject, but

Default Bundeswehr in Afghanistan..ISAF

Gents, Little or none of Germany's involvement in ISAF has discussed or debated here on this section, as it was an ongoing "War" it was rather an emotive and sensitive subject, but now as the episode goes into the history books, with most contingents leaving and handing over responsibility to the local Afghan forces...indeed the Bundeswehr I believe turned their bases over to local forces last month....possibly bad news for the locals.
    But with the return to Germany comes the chance for us collectors to see a large amount of surplus equipment being released....items have in the past come through in drib's and drabs especially on the auction sites, fought over and usually ending in expensive purchases, because of there rarity....hopefully this will change, supply and demand is the phrase that comes to mind !
    BW troops sent to Afghanistan were outfitted/issued with the new "Wüstentarn" also known as "Tropentarn" desert/tropical lightweight uniform and combat equipment, during the BW time in the region many troops combined both the new and the old (flecktarn) and private purchase gear, such as Molle, Tacgear, Kohler to name a few....new types of combat gear appeared in military jargon, the chest rig, the camel back, drop leg holsters etc..........
    I obtained a "Wurstentarn" feldbluse marked "A" for surplus, but devoid of badges....that would of been attached by velcro, these badges included unit, both divisional and battalion, contingency "ISAF" I.D. and personal information, i.e. blood group, allergies....and role badges, medic, bomb disposal etc.....another form of badge, probably unofficial were "moral badges"...anything from a smiley face to personal statements ! "I fight for Merkal" badge being a recent one seen as a negative political statement !
    I have had to make this jacket up using badges obtained through research.....not much information available, but by using images, it was possible to build this representation...............a "Stabsgefreiter" of 2nd Infantry Battalion Task Force Kunduz.
    Here are some images and for more information see here...
    Kunduz - The end of Germany's peaceful army | Germany | DW.DE | 07.10.2013
    German troops leave Afghanistan's Kunduz province | News | DW.DE | 19.10.2013
    and for more information on ISAF International Security Assistance Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Please comment and contribute to this thread....................some attached photo's courtesy of WAF, see here for excellent thread on BW soldiers in Afghanistan, thanks Towarish !
    Die Bundeswehr in Afghanistan - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr in Afghanistan..ISAF   Bundeswehr in Afghanistan..ISAF  

Bundeswehr in Afghanistan..ISAF   Bundeswehr in Afghanistan..ISAF  

Attached Images Attached Images Bundeswehr in Afghanistan..ISAF 
    Last edited by oradour; 11-23-2013 at 01:49 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr in Afghanistan..ISAF
    P
    Many

Here is my jacket.................
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr in Afghanistan..ISAF   Bundeswehr in Afghanistan..ISAF  

?

Interesting read Steve...A lot of countries on that map some doing more than others lol....I like the Afghan sleeve badge..I wonder if that is going to come about??? Cheers Terry.

That Afrika style armband is pretty nice.

Looking at that map, it does make me wonder what the single lonely Georgian trooper spends his day doing....

Quote by Tango View Post
    I like the Afghan sleeve badge..I wonder if that is going to come about???
    Short answer: No.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Looking at that map, it does make me wonder what the single lonely Georgian trooper spends his day doing....
    Telling everyone that he is the commander of the Georgian contingent?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    That Afrika style armband is pretty nice.

I'm guessing he probably hangs out with the 2 bosnian soldiers.

another ISAF item, a private purchase "contractors cap" increasingly worn by BW soldiers in the latter years of ISAF involvement..........with a selection of badges, that could be affixed to such a cap.............
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Hello Steve same thing happens in the British Army these baseball caps were issued by my regiment In 2006..Here I am sporting it in 2008 in Afghan..These are a private purchase. no velco bits on these just the Union Flag..oh & some glit tape on the peak & back for the Heleicopters to see... Cheers Terry. Bundeswehr in Afghanistan..ISAF

Quote ["oh & some glit tape on the peak & back for the Helicopters to see"]

Cheers Terry. Great photo of yourself in combat gear, I Did not realise you were there ! An Afghan vet, great job Terry ! Did you run into any BW troops whilst over there ? I wondered what the velcro patch on the top of the cap was used for..... it must be a "glit" badge of some sort !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Yeah Steve I should think is for something like the glit tape or a mocking bird.. which is a battery run device doing much the same job...Yeah I am an Afghan vet "as they say" a few times over,along with some other places a few times over too lol...I didn't come across any German chaps just mainly US.. & some Danish....Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast