Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....

Article about: by talltom bit expensive ...tom Also my idea.... |<

Default Re: Show us your Bundeswehr "soft" caps....

love the soft beret steve nice aquisition

tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....
    P
    Many

Great caps Steve ! i am still waiting for some caps too with our canada post mini strike everything is behind in delivery . So one day i will post some more

Frenchy

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Agreed. Indeed the Bundeswehr has quite a bit of a history by now... Come to think of it: It has been in existence for more than twice as long as the Reichswehr and Wehrmacht combined.
    HPL2008, and by my calculations, it has suppassed the Imperial German Army (1871-1918) which existed for 47 yrs, so the Bundeswehr really deserves a forum section all of its own !
    Prost ! Steve.

Default Re: post your bundeswehr berets

Gents a new addition...1992 Artillerietruppen beret in Coral Red, Berlin maker. I did not intend to collect berets, but I have now got the bug !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....   Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

Default Re: Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....

steve got the same bug now just bought a few more will post pics when i get em

tom

Gents, another new cap.....a grey service side cap, nothing special, but in great condition, I have been after one for a while, although cheap not that easy to find ! made in November 1975, by "Bamburger" size 60. Came with an absolutly mint 1966 dated Filzlouse woolen side cap, which I was going to sell, but due to its date and condition I have decided to keep !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....   Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....   Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

Gents, today has been a good day ! a good collector friend of mine paid me a visit this afternoon to chew the fat.....and brought me a present ! a rather salty well used flecktarn field cap, label well worn, "59" handwritten on the inside, the interesting thing about this cap is that, there is a rank insignia ( metal shoulder strap rank device) affixed to the back of of it, signifying the wearers rank as "Oberfeldwebel"....and a small pin device fitted to the side of the cap, it is the outline of a Marder APC, was the wearer a Panzergrenadier ? I have done some research this evening, and found that the practice of rank insignia being attached to field caps was practised in the BW and permission to do so was upto the Company commander, I suppose it was important during the heat of battle to know which were your NCO's in a field of Flecktarn cammo !.....apparently it was done on cammo helmet covers too. A rather nice little cap, especially when gratis !
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    a rather salty well used flecktarn field cap, label well worn, "59" handwritten on the inside, the interesting thing about this cap is that, there is a rank insignia ( metal shoulder strap rank device) affixed to the back of of it, signifying the wearers rank as "Oberfeldwebel"....and a small pin device fitted to the side of the cap, it is the outline of a Marder APC, was the wearer a Panzergrenadier ?
    Bundeswehr uniforms and insignia are not my area of expertise, so I cannot offer any additional information on the wearing of the rank and vehicle pin on the cap, but it might be of interest here that a whole range of such metal pins representing Bundeswehr vehicles and aircraft are commercially manufactured and available.

Here is the Marder pin for sale on the website of a German Military/Outdoor/Security/Adventure outfitter:
    Pin Mini Metall Marder - ASMC | Ausrüstung Sicherheit Militär Camping

...If you browse the relevant product category, you'll find many other types (Wiesel, Leopard 2, Luchs, Iltis, Tornado, Roland...) available:
    Pins Angebote im Online Shop günstig kaufen und per Versand billig bestellen. - Seite 1

HPL2008, those are great links...thanks ! fab little pins ! if you know anybody in the Heer perhaps you could ask them if this was done on duty or perhaps its a souvenir of service ?.... there is a photograph on another site showing the rank insignia being worn, but I dont have permission to post..but I will get the link.
    Prost ! Steve.

Gents, three more berets for the collection....1) Pioniertruppe, 2) Fernmeldetruppe (Signals) & 3) Wachtbattallion BMVg.....
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast