Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....

Article about: by talltom bit expensive ...tom Also my idea.... |<

Default Re: Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....

Quote by oradour View Post
    .I do not know if the embroidered version is an Officers or just a fancy EM/NCO's beret badge....it may be that Officers can choose either ?...I shall have to find out on way or another ! Prost ! Steve.
    Gents. I have found out...It says the following in Bundeswehr directive ZDv 37/10 :-

541/1
    541. Barrett abzeichen
    Soladaten tragen am barrett entsprechend ihrer truppengattung fogende Abzeichen:
    All abzeichen
    Ausführung;
    "Metallgeprägte, matt-silberne eichenlaubunrandung: in der mitte zeichen für die truppengatung."

and
    "Offiziere und unteroffiziere duren selbstbeschaffte, handgestickte abzeichen tragen."

Basically it states, all ranks wear metal badges, but Officers and NCO's may wear private purchase handstiched beret badges,(since ZDv 37/10 doesn't differentiate between unteroffiziere ohne (without) portepee and unteroffiziere mit (with) portepee I assume that the option to wear the hand embroidered badge is including and above the rank of unteroffiziere). This statement is from an ex-member of the BW "I can assure you, that there are no general restrictions regarding the wear of cloth beret insignia by different ranks. It is right, bullion beret insignia are mostly worn by officers and senior NCO's. You'll find a third variant out there, worn by all ranks as well: Machine embroidered beret insignia, made by suppliers like Räer e.g. The advantage of machine embroidered beret insignia is, that they are much more robust than the bullion ones. Soldiers order these online or buy them at the local "Mannschaftsheim" (Cafeteria)".
    So to sum up, basic regulation is proscribing the metal badges, this means that metal badges are the standard for all ranks, but officers and NCOs have the option to wear embroidered ones if they so wish. There are plenty of photographs of Officers wearing metal badges on their berets. The above statement shows how regulations were both flouted and not enforced with regards to a machine embroidered beret badge that was available for all !
    Here is a chart showing these embriodered beret badges available from the manufacturer "RAER".
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  
    Last edited by oradour; 12-06-2011 at 11:59 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....
    P
    Many

really very good info steve picture below of some generals wearing the metal beret insigniaBundeswehr Berets and soft caps....

thanks again steve

got another beret this time a panzergrenadierBundeswehr Berets and soft caps....

ps the big black thing in the background is my cat snoozing because its horrid weather

some new berets first a heersfieger unfortunatly no makers inards so no date still rather nice

next a nice unissued signals beret

and another three a 1988 paratrooper, a 1990 engineer and a 1988 anti-aircraft

Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....

Tom...thats a great Beret collection you have on the go there !
    Prost ! Steve.

a few more (nearly all of them now)
    Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....

An inexpensive cap and in great abundance...the cold weather cap, olive drab version, there is a Flecktarn version...fleece lined trapper type hat, these caps have no insignia applied and are usually worn with the parka coat....and galoshes (wellies/rubber overboots), Panzergrenadier shown wearing just that..... and yes I know, one of the most boring of all BW equipment to collect, but bloody warm ! (I intend to wear it taking the dog out in this sub zero weather)
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....   Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....   Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

?

Steve I wont let you stand alone in the cold I shall join you
    this particular cap is a little older than your example and has the mole skin interior
    Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....   Bundeswehr Berets and soft caps....  

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast