MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bundeswehr Generalleutnant Uniform

Article about: Here a picture of my Bundeswehr Generalleutnant uniform. Very rare is this peaked cap which go great with the uniform. Today the majority of Bundeswehr soldiers wear the beret. That's a pity

Default Bundeswehr Generalleutnant Uniform

Here a picture of my Bundeswehr Generalleutnant uniform. Very rare is this peaked cap which go great with the uniform. Today the majority of Bundeswehr soldiers wear the beret. That's a pity.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Generalleutnant Uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr Generalleutnant Uniform
    P
    Many

That looks lovely, love the insignia. And I agree, I'm not a fan of berets either...field caps/visor caps is the way to go...

The air force and the navy still use peaked caps.

https://www.bundeswehr.de/portal/a/b...N6fIDjRsYaw!!/

The fashion in NATO armed forces today are berets that have so shrunken in size that they scarcely balance on one's head.

The Gebirgsjaeger still use the Baschlikmuetze. The Austrians use a peaked cap, too.

Yes, but the Heer don't use the peaked cap anymore.

As I understand it (and I will gladly stand corrected here) the peaked cap is still permitted as an optional private-purchase item for Heer officers.

Even the Bundeswehr's latest uniform brochure (of March 2016) shows an officer wearing service dress with the peaked cap:

https://www.bundeswehr.de/resource/r..._uniformen.pdf

Bundeswehr Generalleutnant UniformBundeswehr Generalleutnant UniformAs ever Andreas is right, but in my practical experience, you never see army people with the peaked cap, save in the rarest instances.

Everyone wears a very small beret now. The peaked cap looks much better to my eye, but then I am an old man and remember a world before the beret.

But in former times, the beret was larger. What with so many with front line service, and the imperative to demonstrate that one is a veteran in the most

fundamental sense, the cap shrinks in size.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-17-2016 at 08:54 PM.

Bundeswehr Generalleutnant UniformHere you see the grads of the Bw Uni Muenchen in their number, and this image is typical of my experience.

It is a fairly non uniform looking bunch of people in uniforms, but they are well educated and have now a great potential of service, since the defense budget is finally going up as it should. I do not want to engage politics too much, but the Bw has been grossly underfunded.

- - ------- - -

Bundeswehr Generalleutnant UniformAn image of army general staff officers in the 1970s or in the 1980s, I think.

This is the world of my youth.

German uniforms have recently undergone a very deep change because of the service in missions abroad,

as have those of other NATO forces, and those of us who nurture a customary view of these things are behind the times.

Bundeswehr Generalleutnant UniformI am behind the times.

Bundeswehr Generalleutnant UniformHere is Andreas' man in the cap. As I say, this kind of person is the exception in my everyday life of the thing. Others may have another experience.
    A friend of mine keeps his privately made cap in a vitrine in his office as a kind of display piece and also wears a beat up, little beret.

- - ------- - -

In functional life, the undress orders of dress predominate, save for gala occasions and so forth.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast