Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bundeswehr issue Wehrpass

Article about: Over 800 Ritterkreuztrager served in the Bundeswehr etc after WW2 , how many other high award winners , German Cross in Gold , Close Combat in Gold etc i don't know but items relating to tha

?

Default Bundeswehr issue Wehrpass

Over 800 Ritterkreuztrager served in the Bundeswehr etc after WW2 , how many other high award winners , German Cross in Gold , Close Combat in Gold etc i don't know but items relating to that service including 57 medals and ribbon bars are now collectable in there own right.

Here is a Bundeswehr pass for Hans Josef Schuler , winner of the German Cross in Gold and Tank destruction badges and many other awards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr issue Wehrpass  
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr issue Wehrpass
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Bundeswehr issue Wehrpass

His 57 Ribbon bar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr issue Wehrpass   Bundeswehr issue Wehrpass  

The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

At last a post regarding 57' awards, i like the ribbon bar, neat,.... as well as collecting Imperial German i have a small collection of 57' Iron Crosses....some early, some late production, i shall if required add a thread with some photos and descriptions, and i encourage any other members to contribute to this post.

Obviously nobodys bothered, so i wont waste my time.....probably the wrong forum for 57's, a pity.

Hi Paul, this is a really nice group. Love the ribbon bar.

Hi Steve, you know me, I like to see everything going. It is always educational.

I will show my only 1957 pattern award to help get the ball rolling: a combinded Pilot/Obsevers award. A good early one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr issue Wehrpass   Bundeswehr issue Wehrpass  

Bundeswehr issue Wehrpass   Bundeswehr issue Wehrpass  

Bundeswehr issue Wehrpass  

ian
    ?

hi guys forgive my ignorance here but by 57 awards do you mean ww2 awards de nazified so post war soldiers in the bundeswehr could wear them ? i mean soldiers who seved in ww2 and then later in the bund
    cheers ian

Hi Ian, in 1957 the West German Govt sanctioned the manufacture of a whole new series of replacement awards for wear by WW2 Veterans. Prior to that many had de-nazified their old awards by filing off the swastikas etc.

These awards were based upon the wartime originals but of course all had the swastika removed from the design and most lost the eagles too. Some awards never had a 57 pattern version as they were proscribed, such as any political awards, etc.

As you can see from the ribbon bar, new ribbons were designed which featured minatures on the ribbon.

Early awards such as the one I show, were really nice quality. But as time progressed the quality declined. You can still buy them today.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Very nice badge Ade , hope we can start a few more posting of 57 awards / bundeswehr award winners,

cheers

Paul

1st July 1916

?

Default Re: Bundeswehr issue Wehrpass

Just to bump this one up a bit unfortunately i never was able to find out any more information on the wartime career of Schuler

1st July 1916

Very nice Paul. Were you able to find out more information on this man?

Regards,
    Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast