Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Bundeswehr M56 Feldmützen (aka M-43 style caps)

Article about: Thought I'd post some of my Bundeswehr M56 field caps. Originally issued to all ranks of all branches, issued ceased sometime in the early 1960s for everyone except Gebirgsjäger, who continu

?

Default Bundeswehr M56 Feldmützen (aka M-43 style caps)

Thought I'd post some of my Bundeswehr M56 field caps. Originally issued to all ranks of all branches, issued ceased sometime in the early 1960s for everyone except Gebirgsjäger, who continued to wear it as the Bergmütze with edelweiß attached on the left side.

Luftwaffe Officer (1962)

Luftwaffe NCO/Enlisted (1959)

Heer Officer (1962)

Heer NCO/enlisted (1962)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr M56 Feldmützen (aka M-43 style caps)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bundeswehr M56 Feldmützen (aka M-43 style caps)

FtrPlt.....Welcome to the BW forum ! These are nice caps you show ! I have several myself, all Heer ...I have never seen one with an Officers bullion cockade before, however these things happened as I have an Officers side cap with a metal cockade attached ! ......nice to see an early Gebirgsjäger Officers cap !
    Prost ! Steve.

Very nice examples.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks for your comments. There's a Bundesmarine version in dark blue that I've not managed to find yet. Plenty of photos of them being worn so I know they existed!

My Heer officer cap edelweiß has prongs instead of the sewing holes.

For the caps themselves: interesting in that there is no difference in quality between the officer and enlisted version other than the piping being present on the officer caps.

The bullion cockade on the LW officer cap probably came off a sidecap. I've seen a few other M56 caps with this cockade on them. I don't think it was a common practice but I don't think it was prohibited, either.

?

A pair of feldmützen. This one is the earlier version made from HBT (1962). Note the cockade includes the branch of service (crossed swords for Heer; anchor for Bundesmarine; and wing for Luftwaffe). Heer cap shown. These were more green than the later, moleskin versions

This is the later version made from moleskin (1987).

Nice examples FtrPlt ....here's the earliest type in HBT made in 1958, easily identified by lack of ventilation grommets. My example looks like its never been issued !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr M56 Feldmützen (aka M-43 style caps)  

?

Very nice cap! I didn't even know there was a version without vents!