Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bundeswehr panzer beret with color cloth under badge ?

Article about: Anyone know what the colored cloth under the badge is for?

Default Bundeswehr panzer beret with color cloth under badge ?

Anyone know what the colored cloth under the badge is for?Bundeswehr panzer beret with color cloth under badge ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr panzer beret with color cloth under badge ?
    P
    Many

What a beauty ! a rare beret bearing the "Edelweiss" motif of the Gebirgstruppen (Mountain troops) from the 10. Panzerdivision based at Sigmaringen, an armoured unit who's equipment included Leopard I tanks, Gepard SP anti-aircraft guns, Fliegerfaust 1 ManPADS, M110 203mm SP howitzers, M109G 155mm SP howitzers, LARS and MARS multiple rocket launch systems, Jaguar SP ATGMs, and Marder IFVs.
    It is superordinate to Germany's last mountain warfare unit 1st Mountain Division (1. Gebirgsdivision) and for this reason the Edelweiss badge has become a commonly used insignia to denote allegiance/belonging to this formation.
    The coloured cloth behind the badge was added by the trooper himself and denotes, at a quick glance, the Company that that he belongs to.....
    for example:- Red= first Company, Blue= second company and Yellow= third company and so on............ it a was an unofficial system and would of had to have been sanctioned by the Regiments "Der Speiss".
    Prost ! Steve.

Thanks for the information on the beret. This one does not belong to me. Showed it just to get info on the colored cloth behind badge. I do however on the below pictured one. Bundeswehr panzer beret with color cloth under badge ?