MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

bundeswehr parade jacket

Article about: just got this jacket what insignia are the ones sewed on? thanks tom

Default bundeswehr parade jacket

just got this jacket what insignia are the ones sewed on?

thanks
    tom
    Attached Images Attached Images bundeswehr parade jacket 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement bundeswehr parade jacket
    P
    Many

Default Re: bundeswehr parade jacket

looks like a parachute regiment patch,maybe air borne qualified?,,in keeping with wwII waffenfarbe,,i would think the tab and piping on the uniform would be a golden yellow,,,but maybe not?!

Tom, a nice grey service jacket for a "Fallshirmjager Shutze" (Enlited man rank,Airborne troops) of "LuftlanderBrigade 26 Saarland" (Based at Saarlouis). In the Bundeswehr "Green" Waffenfarbe was for all types infantry. (Mountain Troops/Jager/PzGrenadiers/Paratroops etc). You could do with finding these badges for the jacket, I show a Bundeswehr silver grade parachute qualification badge in bullion (there is a metal version) and a basic U.S. para qualification badge (Bundeswehr soldiers could wear upto 2 foreign qualification badges) Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture bundeswehr parade jacket  

great big thanks for both of you the info was just what i needed
    tom

right..... found some of those para wings but and this is the big but there seem to be 3+ different ones as shown in photos please eleberate if possible and which seems best for my jacket shown
    thanks
    tom
    Attached Images Attached Images bundeswehr parade jacket  bundeswehr parade jacket  bundeswehr parade jacket 

Tom, the one in the middle is suitable for your jacket, looks to be an embroidered "Gold" grade, the bottom one is either Luftwaffe or Marine, the top one is not German, but in my opinion Dutch. The German Para wing must be approx 10cm in length.
    Prost ! Steve.