Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Article about: a private purchase cap i think 60s manufactered (you will have to get steve to confirm that later)

Default Re: Bundeswehr peaked caps.

good eye!! ive got a signals cap coming soon would be interesting if thats a recon as well

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    P
    Many

I have posted this chart elsewhere on the BW forum...but it also needs to be here, arm of colour can be confusing within the BW as often colours or rather shades of colours are so close !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

in my eyes its a bit crazy really heer signals,heer feldjager,heer recon and luftwaffe nco all practically the same colour lol. blumin madness

Quote by talltom View Post
    in my eyes its a bit crazy really heer signals,heer feldjager,heer recon and luftwaffe nco all practically the same colour lol. blumin madness
    In the past, the similarities of Waffenfarbe were much worse and cause of much frustration to persons at the time, also regimental colors in use in the KuK Armee were likewise gradations of green and red that no one could distinguish.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    In the past, the similarities of Waffenfarbe were much worse and cause of much frustration to persons at the time, also regimental colors in use in the KuK Armee were likewise gradations of green and red that no one could distinguish.
    most useful to know thanks for sharing that information

finally arrived my first heer officers cap for a junior officer of leutenant to captain i don't know the date as i think its private purchase made by hans kurgetkt in hannover the badge seems a bit odd to me as its a lot thicker (maybe before 70s) nice saddle shaped
    Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.

enjoy
    Last edited by talltom; 12-07-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Tom, lovely junior Officers schirmmutze ! a nice early one 1960-1970 (see post #72 this thread on how to determine age). 1955-1960 versions had a shiny plastic peak, like the EM/NCO's version ! My version has the same "thick" badge, my 1970 on, Senior Officers is quite different, almost flat !
    Prost ! Steve.

thanks steve have you got any pictures of a 55-60 officers do they still have the hills and oakleaves on the peak or entirely plain?

Tom...the earliest Officer caps, 1955 until around 1960 had peaks of shiny black plastic, and of course no decorative oak leaves appeared on the peak either ! Although Officers had bullion insignia over metal for EM/NCO caps, as on later caps. Here is a 55' Luftwaffe cap...(for reference purposes). Interesting to note EM/NCO's caps were devoid of waffenfarbe (arm of colour) during this early time.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Quote by oradour View Post
    Tom...the earliest Officer caps, 1955 until around 1960 had peaks of shiny black plastic, and of course no decorative oak leaves appeared on the peak either ! Although Officers had bullion insignia over metal for EM/NCO caps, as on later caps. Here is a 55' Luftwaffe cap...(for reference purposes). Interesting to note EM/NCO's caps were devoid of waffenfarbe (arm of colour) during this early time.
    Prost ! Steve.
    That is a rare and interesting cap. Thank you for showing it to us. I knew many people who wore just such a cap, in fact. The Lw blue uniform re emerged ca. 1957, I think, whereas this piece is slate grey of the first hour.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast