Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Article about: a private purchase cap i think 60s manufactered (you will have to get steve to confirm that later)

Default Re: Bundeswehr peaked caps.

The army caps for enlisted ranks of the 1960s appeared here in the last twenty years, but I cannot recall examining early Lw d Bundeswehr caps of the era as to the Grundfarbe.

German air force uniforms today are a very dark blue, with a kind of Prussian blue (classicial Prussian blue, mind you...) aspect to them.

Enlisted Lw d Bw caps from the 1980s or so appeared in US surplus stores with the big "A" in former times. As caps go they have somewhat less poetry than the older army caps.

Happy hats.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The army caps for enlisted ranks of the 1960s appeared here in the last twenty years, but I cannot recall examining early Luftwaffe d Bundeswehr caps of the era as to the Grundfarbe. German air force uniforms today are a very dark blue, with a kind of Prussian blue (classicial Prussian blue, mind you...) aspect to them. Enlisted Luftwaffe d Bw caps from the 1980s or so appeared in US surplus stores with the big "A" in former times. As caps go they have somewhat less poetry than the older army caps.Happy hats.
    Agreed ! alternatively, Prussian blue v Heer grey.......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Very nice tableau with instructive comparison of the passage of the 20th century. The 1960s army caps were legion for awhile.

But I adhere to my point that present day Luftwaffe has a kind of Prussian blue tint to it, in the darker tone, but the textiles are, of course, full of plastic in most cases and look dorky.

The USAF uniforms are also kevlar or like. The few RAF uniforms I do see in normal life appear to be more woolen, but the UK has better sheep, of course.

I like woolens, as can be derived from my 6445 posts.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-15-2011 at 02:19 AM.

it arrived this morning i shall take a picture next to my shaped lufty and then ill add the badges (arrivd very quick)

Gentlemen...delivered this morning.....another post 1970 cap, a Bamburger made one, from October 1974, displaying arm of service colour "mittelblau" for "Technische Truppe"........
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

very nice cap steve looks unissued thanks for sharing

heres a picture of the two luftys together
    Bundeswehr peaked caps.

then this one arrived this morning im having trouble id'ing it i think it must be heersfieger but its marked to a carl lsken of koln 1982
    Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    any help

Tom...I do not think this one is Bundeswehr, as it has no black band between the peak and crown, and it looks as if it never has...they were as far as I know permanantly attached to the cap, i.e. sewn on.....it could be DRK (German Red Cross), as their caps were constructed in a similiar fashion to this cap, all in the same material and colour. Mine is the same maker, but made in 1971....note the difference in construction......colour and band, and the grey piping, not the same shade as the cap material. Side by side there is a vast differance !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

that would make sense as it doesn't have any holes for a cap badge but thanks for the help

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast