Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Article about: a private purchase cap i think 60s manufactered (you will have to get steve to confirm that later)

Default Re: Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Gents, my latest...a " Bordeauxrot" (Burgundy red) piped cap for the "ABC-Abwehrtruppe" (Nuclear, Biological and Chemical warfare troops) a rather harder to find cap than most...its a Bamberger, September 1973 made mutze.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    P
    Many

Steve it's a beauty you have there !

farmgirljane
    ?

Hello, I am the wardrobe mistress at a local theatre group and we are cleaning out our costume wardrobe. And I came across these three hats. The blue hat is in the best condition. the one with the blue band is un-altered but in mediocre condition as can be seen by the pic. The hat with the red band is actually the same as the blue banded hat but has been altered, the original blue band is underneath. I also have the peak of a third hat the same as the last two hats mentioned, with the leaf badges on it. My question is we are clearing out costumes and I am wondering if these are worth anything or are we best keeping them as costumes.Attachment 355627Attachment 355628Attachment 355629

Jane, welcome to the forum ! the first one you show (shown below) is a Bundeswehr Luftwaffe (modern German Air Force) enlisted mans cap, these are common and as such command a small price ...around £10, the other two are not German, I have no idea what they are... maybe British ?........sorry. Jane, I have started a thread on the two caps I could not I.D. here https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/USA-b...73/#post602166 lets hope some one knows what they are !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.  
    Last edited by oradour; 06-05-2012 at 09:27 AM.

farmgirljane
    ?

Thanks heaps Steve, I had the same thought on the last two but couldn't find any reference for them. They do have a side button on them which looks like a horn on cord. I am going to show this site to my husband, he is sure to enjoy it.

?

We had about 50-60 BW caps in our wardrobe/costume store along with jackets, trousers , I had to convert quite a few for a Production of Sound of Music and Cabaret and also Carmen

Quote by davejb View Post
    We had about 50-60 BW caps in our wardrobe/costume store along with jackets, trousers , I had to convert quite a few for a Production of Sound of Music and Cabaret and also Carmen
    ....The fate of many a good BW cap !
    Upset ! Steve.

?

Yeah , i know Steve, but you would'nt believe how many amateur dramatic societies have loads of these in their costume stores, we even had a full Jordanian officers uniform, an original zip fronted battledress jacket and over 100 BW side caps, it really goes against the grain when i'm asked to do yet another uniform conversion

Is there somewhere that has all of the badges from German and West German hats? I have about 20 of them the I recently acquired and would like to identify them.
    Attachment 363752
    Attachment 363753
    Attachment 363754
    Attachment 363755
    Attachment 363756
    Attachment 363757
    Attachment 363758
    Attachment 363759

dthomas, first welcome to the BW sub forum ! hope you frequent this section with your collection ! now down to business.. I will post your photographs one by one and explain each cap, so bear with me...it appears that many of your caps have the wrong badge on, the large badges with some form of depiction upon them are Beret badges, and are not correct on peaked caps.
    First one:- top, left to right, 1)Panzer cap with incorrect Signals beret badge attached. 2) Feldjager (Military police) with incorrect Heeresflieger beret badge attached. Bottom, left to right, 3)Infantry/Jager/Fallshirmjager (Green waffenfarbe) with a Fallschirmjager beret badge attached. 4) Luftwaffe cap with incorrect Medical beret badge attached. All are nice pre 1970 caps. I show the format of the Bundeswehr peaked cap, all including Army/Navy and Luftwaffe had the same format, cockade on top, wreath with arms on bottom (crossed swords for Army, wings for Luftwaffe and anchor motif for Navy).
    Prost ! Steve.....see next post for your other caps.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast