Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Article about: a private purchase cap i think 60s manufactered (you will have to get steve to confirm that later)

That's a great looking cap, Steve! I've always liked the ones which have triple-line piping.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    P
    Many

Nice Collections you have there. Thanks for showing them!

gmg
    ?

How much a visor like this first one??

Hi all
    Nice Peaked caps on here!!!
    This is my first BW visor type cap.. looks pretty good to me..
    my limited knowledge guess would be....
    Junior officers pre 70???
    private purchase???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Austromunga, no not pre 1970's, it a rarer pre 1960 (worn 1956 to 1960) Officers visor cap, worn by leutnant thro to Oberst, has plastic visor hence no "leaves" to denote junior or senior rank....this changed around 1960 when this distnction was added together with cloth covered peaks....yours has later other ranks badges fitterd, these want taking off and Officers bullion insignia added (the wreath/crossed swords insignia was glued on ! The cockade is pronged and simply pushes through) in order to make it a period piece....Great find !
    Prost ! Steve.

Thanks for the info Steve!!! It came in a job lot with a first pattern BW belt (this was what I was really after!!) An M43 type cap, some rank insignia and badges...unfortunately no officers bullion type... I will certainly do as you say and return it back to original spec!!
    And post the results!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Quote by austromunga View Post
    Hi all
    Nice Peaked caps on here!!!
    This is my first BW visor type cap.. looks pretty good to me..
    my limited knowledge guess would be....
    Junior officers pre 70???
    private purchase???
    Very nice and pleasing object.

Hello, I'm new here (I've made this account to ask this question). I was reading this thread and when I realised it is still open I had to ask:

I really like military caps, and I know absolutely NOTHING about them, but I was at a car-boot sale today and I bought one (finally found one my size!) I've been researching it and I was brought here. I think it's an 'Abwehrtruppe' cap, so I've taken a few photos to show.

Anyone have any info for me? Also, I think it's missing its chinstrap, any idea where I could buy one?

Thank you!

Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Quote by Lauren Appleton View Post
    Hello, I'm new here (I've made this account to ask this question). I was reading this thread and when I realised it is still open I had to ask:

I really like military caps, and I know absolutely NOTHING about them, but I was at a car-boot sale today and I bought one (finally found one my size!) I've been researching it and I was brought here. I think it's an 'Abwehrtruppe' cap, so I've taken a few photos to show.

Anyone have any info for me? Also, I think it's missing its chinstrap, any idea where I could buy one?

Thank you!
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Someone will be along who will be able to assist you with the information that you seek.
    I have edited your post and added your photos directly to the thread.
    If you wish to post any more, here are some instructions on how we like to see it done.

"And now for new photographs you wish to upload.

Click on the 'pictures upload' button and open up the upload window.

Now click on the button that says 'Add Files' (top right of the upload window).

Now click on the button, just off the bottom of this little window that has opened, that says 'Select files'.

This will now open up a link to your hard drive. Navigate to the folder where your pictures are and choose which ones you want to upload. Please note, you can now MULTI select files to upload.

Once you have selected your files click 'Open'. This will then show your selected files in the upload box. Now click on 'Upload files' and you will see a progress bar as each is uploaded. Once uploaded they will appear in the bottom half of your upload window and will all be 'ticked'.
    You can either leave them there to show them all at the bottom of your thread, "

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Lauren
    Welcome in!!!!
    A very nice looking cap you have there!!! This is the best place to find your answers too!!...
    I just got my first Bundeswehr peaked cap also.... I found the replacement badges for mine on German eBay!! So you could look out for your chinstrap on there...

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast