Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Article about: a private purchase cap i think 60s manufactered (you will have to get steve to confirm that later)

Default Re: Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Hi oradour, Heres my cap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    P
    Many

Great caps chaps...keep them coming ! the Officer cap is particulaly nice, NunoGTI welcome to the thread, a nice Infantry (Green Waffenfarbe) enlisted mans cap, from the 70's.
    Prost ! Steve.

Gents, through the generosity of member Spandau, Tony, I have replaced the cockade on my 1974 Bundeswehr Artillery enlisted mans/NCO Shirmutze shown in post 1. I would like to thank Tony for giving me the cockade, Thats what I like about this forum over others, the willingness to help and feeling of comradeship and civility amongst its members......Prost ! Gentlemen, may it remain so ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

?

Here`s a 1961 picture of the hats in use, you might even recognize the two officers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

so is this an army officers cap
    tom

Tom, indeed German, but not Bundeswehr, it is a visor cap from East Germany (DDR, 1945-1990), I am not sure of what particular arm of service this cap is from (I am not upto speed on DDR items), I shall attempt to find out, watch this space.....unless a another member can help. Thanks for showing.
    Prost ! Steve.

Tom, I believe your cap to be an Officer version from the TransportPolizie or TRAPO (DDR Transport Police), they were responsible for protection of the East German railway system from mishaps and saboteurs, and from the late 1970's to 1990 they wore dark blue uniforms with light blue piping.
    Hope that helps,
    Prost ! Steve.

thank you that has helped greatly in clearing this up
    tom

Zwerge, thanks for that great photo, I recognise one the officers, is it Erich Hartmann, but the other eludes me. I show my latest aquisition, a pre-1971 EN/NCO Panzer/Air Defence cap from 1968, notice the darker shade of grey used on this cap when compared to post 71 caps and the ribbed cap band compared to the newer cap. The walking out uniform of the Bundeswehr changed or should it be evolved ? in 1971, a standardised shade of grey (lighter) was introduced, (tunics prior were any thing from light grey thro to almost black !) fake or double cuffs were out, and the material the uniform was made from was a much lighter weave, some say the quality dropped ! Is the Waffenfarbe Pink or Coral Red ? Panzer if pink, Army Flak/Air defences if coral red, they are similiar, opinions please....I leaning towards Air Defence. However, heres the new cap......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Gents, heres a Bundeswehr waffenfarbe chart......
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast