Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Article about: a private purchase cap i think 60s manufactered (you will have to get steve to confirm that later)

Hello again! I've been looking on German eBay and I've finally found a jacket that I think goes with the cap! Here's a link:

Bundeswehr Uniformjacke Gr.52 Sakko Heer Jacke Dienstanzug Bw Uniform grau #102 | eBay

Also, looking at the cap again I noticed a stamped 'A' on the inside, what does this mean?
    Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    P
    Many

Quote by Lauren Appleton View Post
    Hello again! I've been looking on German eBay and I've finally found a jacket that I think goes with the cap! Here's a link:

Bundeswehr Uniformjacke Gr.52 Sakko Heer Jacke Dienstanzug Bw Uniform grau #102 | eBay

Also, looking at the cap again I noticed a stamped 'A' on the inside, what does this mean?
    Thank you!
    Hello Lauren,
    Please do not just post links, they will become useless when the auction is over. Save the photos to your computer and upload them using the method I posted for you.
    Thank you,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

"A" stamps are placed in items that are officially discarded by the Bundeswehr as inserviceable - either due to their condition or because they have been discontinued and phased out - and are subsequently often sold to surplus dealers. ("A" as in "Aussonderung"/"ausgesondert").

The stamp identifies an item as inserviceable and at the same time shows that it was not stolen from unit stocks.

Hello again! Thanks for the info! Sorry about the link, I've posted the photos here.
    So I'd also like to know what the patch on the arm means?
    Thanks everyone!

Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    Bundeswehr peaked caps.

(Sorry if I've done the photos wrong again..)

I just found another jacket with the right colours but a different symbol on the shoulder. So.. what's it mean? Also, I've seen other caps with braiding on the peak, that means higher rank right? So, if my cap had been issued, what rank would it be?
    Sorry for all these questions!
    Thanks Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Hello again! Thanks for the info! Sorry about the link, I've posted the photos here.
    Thanks everyone!

(Sorry if I've done the photos wrong again..)
    The photos are fine.
    If no one else helps you with the patch on the arm, I will look it up when I get home.
    The insignia on the shoulder boards will be the rank.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sorry about the link, I've posted the photos here.
    I just found another jacket with the right colours but a different symbol on the shoulder. So.. what's it mean? Also, I've seen other caps with braiding on the peak, that means higher rank right? So, if my cap had been issued, what rank would it be?
    The unit insignia on the upper left sleeve of the tunic in post # 194 is for the Heerestruppenbrigade; the one in post # 195 is for the ABC-Abwehrbrigade 100.

See:
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heerestruppenbrigade
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABC-Abwehrbrigade_100

The shoulder boards on the tunic in post # 194 identify the rank of Hauptfeldwebel; those on the tunic in post # 195 are for the rank of Oberfeldwebel.

The visors of officers' peaked caps have different ornamentation depending on the rank group.
    (General officers: golden oak leaf ornamentation in two rows, staff officers: silver oak leaf ornamentation in one row, other officers: silver ornamentation around the outer edge of the visor.)
    NCOs and private ranks have no ornamentation on the visor.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Austromunga, no not pre 1970's, it a rarer pre 1960 (worn 1956 to 1960) Officers visor cap, worn by leutnant thro to Oberst, has plastic visor hence no "leaves" to denote junior or senior rank....this changed around 1960 when this distnction was added together with cloth covered peaks....yours has later other ranks badges fitterd, these want taking off and Officers bullion insignia added (the wreath/crossed swords insignia was glued on ! The cockade is pronged and simply pushes through) in order to make it a period piece....Great find !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Hi all
    Just received the correct insignia for my cap... thanks oradour!! glad I could find the correct insignia for it!!!!! as it looks much, much better now it's restored back to its correct configuration!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.   Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

Bravo. Please find me a late 1950s Bw army officer cap, too!!

Quote by austromunga View Post
    Hi all
    Just received the correct insignia for my cap... thanks oradour!! glad I could find the correct insignia for it!!!!! as it looks much, much better now it's restored back to its correct configuration!!!!
    Well done on a nice find paul and the correct insignia really does make a huge differance ,i notice you have the earlier roundel applied too can i ask if the cap has been wired to give this appearance ,not sure if i have posted before but here is my small contribution to the thread , a 1965 NCO's signal troop's cap and a leutnant through to Hauptman officer's cap dated 1968 Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast