Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Article about: a private purchase cap i think 60s manufactered (you will have to get steve to confirm that later)

Default Re: Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Another one arrived today and it's a 1969 Bamberger Mutzen industrie

Frenchy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    P
    Many

Frenchy, nice "Jagergrun" waffenfarbed cap, for either Infantry/Airborne/Panzer Grenadier or Mountain Troops. Your getting a taste for Bundy caps !
    Prost ! Steve.

Thanks Steve
    i like them a lot and you are the one who made me see the beauty of those cap, and for sure they cost less than the ww2 .
    Frenchy

Gents... an illustration showing the different "Scrambled egg" (peak trim) on Bundeswehr Officer caps, you can figure out as to the wearers rank status at a glance......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.  

I have a question for the expert here !
    I have been offered this cap and what i realize is the cap badge and the cockade is not metal but sew on the cap . I was wondering if they were made before or after the one with the metal cap badge, and are they expensive . The seller ask 35 dollars for it . Some info on this cap would be appreciated as i will have to called this seller and discuss the price ect ,really love to be able to know what i am talking about on the phone .

Thanks
    Frenchy

Hi Frenchy, it is a nice Officers quality cap. I think the price is fair. Officers caps are seen less often than OR's/NCO's caps.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Frenchy, it is a nice Officers quality cap. I think the price is fair. Officers caps are seen less often than OR's/NCO's caps.Cheers, Ade.
    Frenchy, as Adrian has said Officers cap, see post #34 as to the "scrambled egg" on the visor, which indicates it is an Oberfahnrich to Stabshauptman in rank, and of course its Luftwaffe. There is usually no way to date these caps as they are usually not dated on the inside like issue caps, as it will be private purchase item, probably marked "KKB Koblenz". Prices range from 20-60 Euros ($15-40) depending on condition.
    Prost ! Steve.

Thanks Ade and Steve ! very appreciated your expertise as usual .Another question as i am still learning here ,is the cockade have to do anything with rank ect as he have 2 (according to the pic he sent me ) identical cap except for the cockade who have the different look, construction, ect
    Thanks
    Frenchy

Quote by frenchy View Post
    is the cockade have to do anything with rank etc, as he have 2 (according to the pic he sent me ) identical cap except for the cockade who have the different look, construction etc, Thanks
    Frenchy
    Frenchy, the cockade should be same for all Officers (as shown in the photo you show)...it is of a bullion construction and is removable, unlike the metal ORs version, which is fixed. If you have a photograph of the other cap, please show the cockade in question. Prost ! Steve.

as a quick question: what peaked cap would the airborne wear as they could be classed as heer or luftwaffe any help would be greatly appreciated
    tom

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast