Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Article about: a private purchase cap i think 60s manufactered (you will have to get steve to confirm that later)

Default Re: Bundeswehr peaked caps.

Hi Tom, I suspect, like the Brits they copied from, the Red Beret was worn at amlost all times? They are now part of the Heer.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr peaked caps.
    P
    Many

here is the other pic of the cockade that i think differ a little bit

frenchy

thanks adrian
    tom

Frenchy, it is the same cockade, I suspect the top/front of the cap has been "customised" i.e. forced back to take on the classic "saddleform" shape, therefore the camara angle has somewhat distorted the shape ! Tom, the Airborne troops of the Bundeswehr have allways worn a beret along with Panzer troops (Black) since the late 60's long before the rest of the army adopted the beret in the mid to late 70's. Infact these early badges, both Airborne and Panzer, did not feature the national flag emblem which was later incorperated into beret badge design. However I suspect they were issued with the peaked cap for walking out dress, but chose to wear the beret as an immediate sign of the "Elite" status of their branch of service, the cap would of been the same as in post #31.
    Prost ! Steve.

Tom, heres my example of a Paratroopers beret from the late 60's, along side a 1957 WW2 Fallshirmjager award, and then the modern equivalent, notice the design change by the adding of the BRD flag....and notice how the Airborne badge differs little from the WW2 design !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr peaked caps.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Bundeswehr peaked caps. 

nice beret oradour can anyone give me some clues besides ebay as to wear i can buy a cap as ebay doesn't seem to have any recently (probably you frenchy) any help/websites greatly appreciated
    tom

Quote by talltom View Post
    nice beret oradour can anyone give me some clues besides ebay as to wear i can buy a cap as ebay doesn't seem to have any recently (probably you frenchy) any help/websites greatly appreciated
    tom
    Tom, try here... Gowen Militaria: Army/Bundeswehr
    these are nice 1960's caps, much darker than later caps, quality pieces ! approx £15, dealer prices. I do not know of any other dealers....I find mine on E-Bay Germany.
    Prost ! Steve.

Tom like Steve said i find mine on ebay so far i have been lucky to find some nice one for good price .
    Frenchy

I have a question for the expert here .I would love to know what year and why did they start using metal cap badge instead of sewn one on their visor cap ? why could be probably du to hight number of cap made and less main power ? I prefer the one with metal cap badge .
    Thanks
    Frenchy

as far as i thought (i don't fully know mind) that the metal badge was for NCO's and the sewn badge for the higher ranks eg CO's and i agree with you there that the metal is so much better and also easier to replace i find
    tom

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast