MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Bundeswehr photograph album, a must see !

Article about: by Reibert Thx. for showing, Steve ! I think, the M41 tank was also used in the ÖBH ? Indeed Reibert, the Austrian Bundesheer had 42 M41 Walker Bulldogs between 1960 to 1979. Germanys upgrad

Default A Bundeswehr photograph album, a must see !

Gents, my latest aquisition, a Bundeswehr soldiers photo album, entitled "Meine dienstzeit" (My service) a clue to his unit is on the front cover, a cossed swords device, from a Gebirgsjager truppen bergmutze (ski cap) ....this album was bought on e-bay, but was sourced at a flea market in Munich, the cover preface states his name was "Karl Heinz" from the village of "Lichterstern", google reveals this village to be in the vicinity of Heilbronn, Stuttgart in Baden-Wurttemburg, however no period of time is given for his service. There are clues in the album that give it a time frame of 1959-1961, uniform details give the time frame away...eidelweiss insignia on right arm (as in WW2) the system of unit arm badges on the left arm came in 1963, the steel helmet worn is the M1958, wide spread use of the 1950's Splintertarn field uniform, the "Filzlaus" woolen combat is shown, but only on a few soldiers, this was introduced in 1959...from the information gleened from this album I am certain our soldat served in the newly formed (July 1959) Panzerbrigade 24 "Niederbayern", garrissoned at Landshut, Bavaria, an armoured Brigade (part of the 1st Gebirgs Division, and entitled to wear ski uniforms and insignia), hence the M41 Walker Bulldog tanks and Shutzenpanzer 3 (HS30) the latter shown in abundance.I have used most of the sellers scans and photographed the odd page he left out, (with his permission, his scans are copyright marked "Totenkopf Elite"). Note the variety of uniform, tankers hard berets and all, enjoy !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Bundeswehr photograph album, a must see !   A Bundeswehr photograph album, a must see !  

A Bundeswehr photograph album, a must see !   A Bundeswehr photograph album, a must see !  

A Bundeswehr photograph album, a must see !   A Bundeswehr photograph album, a must see !  

Last edited by oradour; 05-22-2011 at 12:16 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Bundeswehr photograph album, a must see !
    P
    Many

Default Re: A Bundeswehr photograph album, a must see !

Nice album Steve!
    I thought you where running out of space???

Regards

Ingrid, this can always go on the coffee table ....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 05-22-2011 at 01:24 AM.

?

very nice!

?

hi ,.superb album , nice find . ..............paul

Hi Steve !
    You always come up with something new for us to enjoy ! nice album
    Thanks for sharing it with us
    Frenchy

Quote by oradour View Post
    The cover preface states his name was "Karl Heinz" from the village of "Lichterstern", google reveals this village to be in the vicinity of Heilbronn, Stuttgart in Baden-Wurttemburg, however no period of time is given for his service..
    A very nice album indeed and thanks for sharing!
    Just allow me one observation: The owner marking his album with his first name and hometown would be rather odd. I should say that "Karlheinz Lichtenstern" was simply the soldier's name.

Quote by oradour View Post
    From the information gleened from this album I am certain our soldat served in the newly formed (July 1959) Panzerbrigade 24 "Niederbayern", garrissoned at Landshut, Bavaria, an armoured Brigade (part of the 1st Gebirgs Division, and entitled to wear ski uniforms and insignia).
    Yes, I remember seeing them in wear around here, Landshut being my hometown. All gone now, of course; there is no more Bundeswehr garrison here these days.

?

lucky duck!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Just allow me one observation: The owner marking his album with his first name and hometown would be rather odd. I should say that "Karlheinz Lichtenstern" was simply the soldier's name.
    Yes, I remember seeing them in wear around here, Landshut being my hometown. All gone now, of course; there is no more Bundeswehr garrison here these days.
    HPL2008, Thanks for the information regarding his name...... "Panzerbrigade 24 "Niederbayern" was dissolved in September 1994, during a time when the Bundeswehr was being "down sized" after reunification and the end of the "Cold war".
    Prost ! Steve.

Thx. for showing, Steve !

A few weeks ago I catched app. 100 images from an Austrian Bundesheer tank-unit, (pic´s were shot in the late 60ie´s), at a flea market.
    I think, the M41 tank was also used in the ÖBH ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast