Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr steel helmets.

Article about: Gentleman as promised, a couple of Bundeswehr helmets I have recently obtained to keep my GSG 9 helmet company, the Bundeswehr collection grows !...Model Fallschirmjager 59 paratrooper (Luft

Default Re: Bundeswehr steel helmets.

battle gear, nice M62....you could do with a net for it ! .....I have some (3) "Amoeba" helmet covers coming in the post from Germany, I will post when they arrive.... Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr steel helmets.
    P
    Many

Gents, a friend gave me a U.S. Woodland cammo M1 helmet cover together with a BW helmet net, I just had to install it on my M62 helmet ! Apparently before the official issue of flecktarn cammo covers , BW soldiers would beg, borrow or do trades for cammo helmet covers from other NATO contingents when on joint excercises, both U.S. and British versions were worn.....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr steel helmets.   Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

Last edited by oradour; 09-12-2011 at 10:29 AM.

My Amoeba pattern helmet covers arrived, rather ratty well used....so I have fitted one to my Model 1A1 "Luftlandestruppenstahlhelm" Para helmet...these covers were made up either by the soldier himself or by the Company tailor, as no cammo cover was available in the BW until the late 1990's ! they used the "Amoeba" pattern zeltbahn/tent quarter for the material, this one is fitted with a drawstring to affix to the helmet, I have refitted the issue netting......they are reversible to a more brown pattern.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr steel helmets.   Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

Bundeswehr steel helmets.   Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

Bundeswehr steel helmets.   Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

Last edited by oradour; 09-12-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.

my West German M62 with camo material & clip on netting added

very nice battle thanks for sharing

Hello Batle gear. Nice helmet. I think the two soldiers are not Bundeswehr (Germany) but Bundesheer (Austria).

Cheers,
    Emile

I fill a new collecting bug about to bite me because of this thread
    All very nice helmets, love fleckertarn

Thank you everyone for providing this most excellent thread of information and photos. We have picked up both an M62 and 1A1 over the past month or so and this thread was very helpful in understanding more about these two helmets. On the down side, the list of "THings to Get" just got larger.....

I am a little at odds however, to the various nominclatures assigned to the BW Para Helmet. (M1A1 LL; M59; M71)? From what I am gathering so far, M1A1 LL and M59 identify the same helmet and the M71 designation is incorrect (adopted for later mod). Can someone please clarify?

Russ & Son
    Last edited by MySonsDad; 03-17-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Gents it would appear that after 1981 it was intended that all steel helmet models were to be upgraded. this list shows all variants of the basic M60/62, sorry for any mistakes, as I have had to translate from French. 1) Models M81 - M-1A1 "modifiziert, Bodentruppenhelm": shell second type, side edges thin, with interior model 1981 (which has a plastic neck protector added) , with a 2-point chinstrap. 2 external rivets for the chinstrap. Screw head on crown.
    2) M85 - M-1A1 "modifiziert, Bodentruppenhelm": shell second type, side edges thin, with interior model 1981, with the new 3-point chinstrap. 3 external chinstrap rivets, screw head on crown.

Also old helmets M60/62's were upgraded:

1) M60/85 - M-1A1 "modifiziert, Bodentruppenhelm": shell first type. Interior model 1981. The 6 old rivet holes are sealed and 3 are added to the 3-point chinstrap. Screw head on crown. This is the standard M85 M60 renovated (9 visible rivets).
    2) M60-62/85 - M-1A1 "modifiziert, Bodentruppenhelm": first shell type.Interior model 1981. The two old rivet holes of the former interior are sealed, three new rivets are set for the new 3-point chinstrap. Screw head on crown not visible. This is brought to standard M60/62 M85 (5 visible rivets) specification.
    3) M62/85 or M81/85 - M-1A1 "modifiziert, Bodentruppenhelm": shell second type. interior model 1981. The two rivet holes of the old interior are sealed and three new rivets are set for the new 3-point chinstrap. Screw head on crown visible. This is brought to the M62 or 81 to standard M85 (5 visible rivets) specifications.
    Note: The interior 60 and interior 81 is easily interchangeable, can be found in M60/62 or M62 equipped with interior model 1981 after upgrade. Note, all have the plastic neck protector as part of the 1981 interior package.
    I hope that is clear ! please feel free to update or add any other information.
    Russ & Son...I will update on your query with regards the M71 Para helmet in the next few hours, I have just recieved visitors...I will not forget.....
    Prost ! Steve.

Ross & Son....sorry for delay, my guests have now departed !...the correct and official designation for the helmet you have is "M1A1 LL" which is, " Model 1A1 Luftlandetruppenstahlhelm". The term M71 is used by some collectors, and is a designation not relating to anything official. To me and the Bundeswehr, it is an M1A1 LL. Here is mine, complete with "Amoeba" pattern cover and net.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast