Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Bundeswehr steel helmets.

Article about: Gentleman as promised, a couple of Bundeswehr helmets I have recently obtained to keep my GSG 9 helmet company, the Bundeswehr collection grows !...Model Fallschirmjager 59 paratrooper (Luft

Hi all
    This is my West German M1A1 LL para helmet it came with the Flectarn cover marked "G" designed to fit the later composite Gefechtshelme ....so I bought a Nos "S" steel pot one on eBay.....But I admit!!!! I still prefer the old one.... as it looks as though it has been on this helmet a long time!!! judging by the wear and fading (its M1 shaped wear too) .. shell dated 6/89 leather liner has biro marked name and service time count down!!??? in bar gate style!!!!
    I might treat it to a correct helmet net and put some duo tone green brown camo under it!!
    your thoughts please!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr steel helmets.   Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

Bundeswehr steel helmets.   Bundeswehr steel helmets.  

Last edited by austromunga; 11-08-2014 at 10:07 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr steel helmets.
    P
    Many

very nice example it certainly has the just legible number of jumps on the liner ,here is my example alongside my belgium m71 both share the same west german shell Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    very nice example it certainly has the just legible number of jumps on the liner ,here is my example alongside my belgium m71 both share the same west german shell Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.
    Nice lids and covers mate!....

and here is my two flectarn covers ,one for the gefectshelm and also the stahlhelmBundeswehr steel helmets.
    Regards James

cheers paul mate, i dont like missing an oportunity to drag a few lids down and take a few fresh pics
    Regards James

?

Hi James, I'm a Belgian paratrooper and I used the same type of helmets before the kevlar jumphelmet we use today. I still have 5 of them here stashed up in a box somewhere.
    I just don't know what happend to the chinstrap of your Belgian Para helmet. Normally it bears the standard chinstrap that's fitted on these helmets, along with a chin protection rubber to jump.

Nice display btw! :-)

hi krisse ,i can recall an earlier conversation i had with your good self and if im not mistaken you shared your steel jump helmet fully scrimmed up ,very nice it was too
    Regards James

?

Default My Belgian parahelmet

Here's my personal helmet where I jumped with for almost 10 years. It's a standard German M71 helmet with a chin protection rubber on the chinstrap.
    I've added a cover with Belgian 'Woodland'-camouflage over the helmet. Then a netting with some camouflage material (we call it 'guilly') attached.
    To keep the cover and the net in place on the helmet we use a piece of inner tire of a car.
    This helmet shall always stay with me as a souvenir till I die! :-)))

Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.Bundeswehr steel helmets.

?

hi krisse ,i can recall an earlier conversation i had with your good self and if im not mistaken you shared your steel jump helmet fully scrimmed up ,very nice it was too
    Hi Jesse, yes, I can remember it to. Here the helmet is shared again. Did I also sent some stuff to you?

thats the one krisse and very nice too interesting to see as you state west german including the liner ,the chincup looks to be the type found on the french f1's,thanks for sharing here
    Regards James

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast