Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bundeswehr Tank Jacket??

Article about: Hi guys..can i get some help with this jacket...the piping is pink in colour ( tank troop??).. sorry the pictures are so crap.. The people, and the people alone, are the motive force in the

Default Bundeswehr Tank Jacket??

Hi guys..can i get some help with this jacket...the piping is pink in colour ( tank troop??)..

sorry the pictures are so crap..

The people, and the people alone, are the motive force in the making of world history.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Tank Jacket??   Bundeswehr Tank Jacket??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr Tank Jacket??
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bundeswehr Tank Jacket??

Darren, its not Bundeswehr....looks to be wrong colour and no tunic had pink/red waffenfarbe around the coller, the only exceptions (To piping around the collar) being senior NCO's (Alt Gold) Officers (Silver) and early Luftwaffe (Yellow) tunics. I think this tunic (could it be Russian?) has been altered in an attempt to sell surplus tunics in the civilian market. I show a converted Luftwaffe 4 pocket tunic, cut down, woolen waistband added, intentionally for the Army/Navy store market, as no such tunic existed in the Luftwaffe (Quite nice as it is !).
    Hope this helps,
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Tank Jacket??  

HI steve thanks for your reply to this one..looking at the jacket and the quality of the material, i wouldnt say it was altered..the waist band and sleves are elasticated and are of tailor quality, could it be a womens jacket...when i got it 20 years ago thare were 2 pink and white collar tabs on it...(lost now) thare are stamps in the inside pocket....its an intresting one..i will dig it out and post much better pic.....nice luft jacket.....(ps thanks for your reply to my 1927 vickers helmet)

Quote by darrenj40 View Post
    (ps thanks for your reply to my 1927 vickers helmet)
    Darren, no problem, your welcome. See if you can get a photo of the stamps/label, this how a Bundeswehr label looks, located in the inside of the inside breast pocket.......
    Attached Images Attached Images Bundeswehr Tank Jacket?? 

Here are some more pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Tank Jacket??   Bundeswehr Tank Jacket??  

I remember seeing one of these in a dealers shop a few years back and I think it was said to be post war German (the Grey uniform used early postwar), but the example I saw did not have the elasticated waist and cuffs, so they must have been added privately, but if it was made in Munich, it must be West German. I cant remember if it was for panzer or something else, sorry if this is not helpful.

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Gents, the "Grey" 4 pocket tunic was adopted in 1959, it was never in this configuration, however the Bundeswehr has throughout its existance "trialed" various uniforms, that have either been adopted in some form or another or consigned to the dustbin of time, perhaps this is one such piece ? it is as, vonbond states, of German manufacture....and it definatly sports "Rosa" (pink) piping, I have to confess I have no idea what it is ! Here is a photo of the type of tunic worn before the Grey four pocket service tunic......from 1955-58, the Affenjacke, there were long and short versions, this is the two pocket "Lange" version.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr Tank Jacket??  

The one I saw looked a bit like a British battledress blouse/German M44 tunic and I since remember seeing a book on the 'Grey' uniforms and I think it was illustrated in there. It was a long time and too many braincells back for me to remember more details, though I almost bought it cos it looked interesting and was cheap.

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.