Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.

Article about: EK2 & Winterschlacht Im Osten

Default Re: Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse(with makers mark):
    Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.
    P
    Many

finally a little stickpin:
    Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.

kingtigertank...nice 57er awards, the Luftwaffe ground assault is a late production piece (open hinge) made post 1968 probably in the 1970's.....the Infantry assault badge a nice mid production St u L made (closed hinge, pre-1968) award....the EK II being the earliest piece, and is a stunning 1957/58 piece when existing wartime parts, in this case the suspension ring with its WW2 LDO number stamped upon it, were used up the production of these early Iron Crosses...I cannot make out the mark, what is it ?
    Thanks for showing......Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    kingtigertank...nice 57er awards, the Luftwaffe ground assault is a late production piece (open hinge) made post 1968 probably in the 1970's.....the Infantry assault badge a nice mid production St u L made (closed hinge, pre-1968) award....the EK II being the earliest piece, and is a stunning 1957/58 piece when existing wartime parts, in this case the suspension ring with its WW2 LDO number stamped upon it, were used up the production of these early Iron Crosses...I cannot make out the mark, what is it ?
    Thanks for showing......Prost ! Steve.
    thank you steve very informative my eyesight isn't perfect and i can't really make it out do you have a list of the makers so i can identify what i might be seeing

he EK II being the earliest piece, and is a stunning 1957/58 piece when existing wartime parts, in this case the suspension ring with its WW2 LDO number stamped upon it, were used up the production of these early Iron Crosses...I cannot make out the mark, what is it ?
    Hi Steve,

I have never seen a LDO number on a 57er EK2? Only 3 (W.Deumer) and 4 (Steinhauer & Lück). The only 57er awards that I recall with LDO numbers are Souval pieces and the very early EK1 from Deumer.

KingTigerTank, some very nice awards. The LGAB (Luftwaffe Ground Assault) are IMO judging by the quality from the 80´s-
    All the other awards you have are really nice indeed.

KR

Karsten

thank you karsten i forgot to say the luftwaffe ground combat badge the eagle is seperatly applied

Quote by kingtigertank View Post
    thank you steve very informative my eyesight isn't perfect and i can't really make it out do you have a list of the makers so i can identify what i might be seeing
    Dan...only very early 57er EK's I & II's made using wartime parts, pins, backing plates and suspension rings will be mm (maker marked). known 57er mm's :- "3" and L/11 = Wilhelm Deumer. "4"= Steinhauer and Luck (St u L). Stylised capital A with a bar through top and centre = Assmann. Other makers are believed to be Otto Schickle, Junker, Klein & Quenzer....and some have hinted at Deschler & Sohn, although none are mm'd making them subject to much discussion !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.   Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.  

Dan...only very early 57er EK's I & II's made using wartime parts, pins, backing plates and suspension rings will be mm (maker marked). known 57er mm's :- "3" and L/11 = Wilhelm Deumer. "4"= Steinhauer and Luck (St u L). Stylised capital A with a bar through top and centre = Assmann. Other makers are believed to be Otto Schickle, Junker, Klein & Quenzer....and some have hinted at Deschler & Sohn, although none are mm'd making them subject to much discussion !
    Prost ! Steve.
    i think it could be a 4.....

Quote by Karsten S View Post
    Hi Steve, I have never seen a LDO number on a 57er EK2? Only 3 (W.Deumer) and 4 (Steinhauer & Lück). The only 57er awards that I recall with LDO numbers are Souval pieces and the very early EK1 from Deumer. KRKarsten
    Karsten, you caught me on the hop ! I had meant to put "Prasidialkanziei des Fuhrers Lieferant" numbers....silly me !
    Dan, a St u L made EK II is what you have then......
    Prost ! Steve.

Dan, a St u L made EK II is what you have then......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Steve thanks for all your help is £20 a good price for this medal or did i pay to much? and do you know the makers of the other medals?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast