MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.

Article about: EK2 & Winterschlacht Im Osten

Default Re: Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.

The photo of the rear didnt turn out so well, heres (hopefully) a better shot !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.
    P
    Many

Hi Oradour, nice find and at the right price!!!, Cheers, Richard.

Quote by DUJAILAH View Post
    Hi Chaps, just bought a '57 EK1 & a Verwundetenabzeichen (silber) so I thought I'd add them to the thread. They're in the mail to me now, so these are the only pics I have. They came from the same officer & sadly I missed out on his Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen & EK2 with Winterschlacht Im Osten, Cheers, Richard.
    Hi Oradour, I've got the above through. The Verwundetenabzeichen (silber) is a nice heavy quality, well made & nice detail. As good as a lot of TR ones. The EK1 is very nice quality as well. It's 3 piece witha magnetic centre. It feels a bit light as the core looks like the type made from sheet metal. The frame has a silver plated edge (there's a little bit of wear on the bottom edge) that is starting to get some patination. I'm not sure it's made from TR parts; but got enough quality to be made in the early 60's.

No details of the officer with them, so I'll leave it to you to email as mentioned, cheers, Richard.

DUJAILAH, snap ! my set arrived today as well, i am well pleased, both early examples, although not mm, but as good as early Third Reich pieces especially the Ost front medal, they are as your 1st class is early 1960's, as they were bought at the same time they are the same vintage i expect. No details provided with my set either, i'll e-mail the seller and see if he can name the recipient...cheers, Steve.

Hi Steve, I forgot to mention the neither of mine are mm as well. Fingers crossed the seller knows his name, Cheers, Richard.

This photo shows the rear of my new parade mounted Ost Front medal & EK II, lovely crisp detail and made as early WW2 versions, i.e. silvered rim/helmet detail. Note the frosting on the EK II frame, every bit as good as its WW2 brother, the mark of an early manufactured 57'.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.  

Hi Oradour, they are both great quality. They would stand up to TR examples without any problems. Definately from the same 'stable' as my EK1, Cheers, Richard.

Richard, i take it you are now a convert....

I certainly am. But as you've said it's all about the early quality items, Cheers, Richard.

Gentleman, as DUJAILAH states it is all about early quality pieces, to underline this statement...have a look at this offering of a modern example of an Ost (Russian front) medal photo 1 & 3, when compared to an early piece photo 2 & 4.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.   Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.  

Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.   Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.  

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast