Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.

Article about: EK2 & Winterschlacht Im Osten

Default Re: Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.

Great comparison. That says it all, Cheers, Richard.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.
    P
    Many

Gentlemen, thought i add this rather nice photo showing a 60's/70's Luftwaffe tunic displaying a variety of 1957 awards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.  

Hi Oradour, that looks great. A nice way to display the awards, Cheers, Richard.

Hi Chaps, I thought I'd post my latest (thanks to a tip off from Oradour, Cheers Steve). As you can see it's an EK2. It's the very early type with the wartime maker mark of 4 on the ring for Steinhauer & Lück of Lüdenscheld. Sorry for the crap pic of the ring; but I lost the will to live after half an hour trying to photograph it. The quality is as good if not better than the TR version. The frame is plated and frosted. The core is magnetic & rattles as Imperial ones do (causing a bit of paint loss). The ring has lost some of its frosting giving it a 'dappled' look, Cheers, Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.   Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.  

Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.   Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.  

?

That's a beautiful EK Richard. I never seem to be in the right place at the right time with these nice frosted early examples.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Richard, i thought it was a nice one when i saw it...but as i already had an example (and i spent too much on a cammo M17 this month !) i knew you were after one, its a cracker ! thanks for showing. I couldnt get the photo of the '4' right either...i had to wait for my son to photograph it for me with his fancy camera (hes at uni doing a media course, which includes photography)

Thanks Chaps, I was pleased to get it. Also, the 4 can be seen if you click on the first photo & enlarge it, Cheers, Richard.

Gents, I show my EK I 57' spange, alongside its EK II 57' cousin...I have also aquired a 1960's Bundeswehr padded panzer beret, I have posted here https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/world...02/#post167445
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.   Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.  

Gents....I am so pleased to have just won an early 1960's produced 57' Deutches Cross in Gold on E-Bay, for £97 ! I put in a large bid !, as I expected to pay around £150 +, a bargain for an early Steinhauer & Luck piece, identifiable by its die flaw in the wreath, (bottom to middle, right side, as you look at the piece)...over the moon !!, as I have been after one of these for some time ! I have posted the sellers photographs, I will post more when it arrives......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.  Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.  Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.  Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards. 

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gents....I am so pleased to have just won an early 1960's produced 57' Deutches Cross in Gold on E-Bay, for £97 ! I put in a large bid !, as I expected to pay around £150 +, a bargain for an early Steinhauer & Luck piece, identifiable by its die flaw in the wreath, (bottom to middle, right side, as you look at the piece)...over the moon !!, as I have been after one of these for some time ! I have posted the sellers photographs, I will post more when it arrives......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Gents, it has now arrived, stunning piece ! only ever had a Third Reich cloth version a couple of decades ago ! didnt realise how heavy these metal ones are ! made up of five individual pieces, I believe the original wartime dies survived the war at Steinhauer & Luck, and IMO these seem to have been used in the early pieces, the fastening hardware, catch and pin puts this piece at around 1960-65. Now to find a "Silver" version.
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast